Toyo Mud Terrain In The Snow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My experience with the Toyo's is that the MT's work better in snow and ice than the AT's do - at least they do/did for me. I currently run MT's that have been siped and they work pretty well. As mentioned above, none of them work as well as dedicated snow tires, nor as well as a set of chains, but they work pretty good.

Siping is the key.

Weight must have something to do with the Toyo's performance in the snow. I've seen far to0 many *eeps with the toyos do nothing but spin in place out snow wheeling. I've even seen a couple of guys on the same day, both running the Toyos (both also fully locked) and aired down around 8psi, not be able to go the places my 80 was going or the two 4runners that were with us also.
I've never had much luck with any toyo tire, so I'm always surprised when people say they love them.

Weight must have something to do with the Toyo's performance in the snow. I've seen far to0 many *eeps with the toyos do nothing but spin in place out snow wheeling. I've even seen a couple of guys on the same day, both running the Toyos (both also fully locked) and aired down around 8psi, not be able to go the places my 80 was going or the two 4runners that were with us also.
I've never had much luck with any toyo tire, so I'm always surprised when people say they love them.

This is my general thoughts of them. Heavy and not great. Good lifetime for a MT and that's about it.

When the time comes I won't buy a set.

I am happy some people have had good results and like their toyos tires.

Glad to hear you made it out of the situation ok.

I thought about getting those Toyo's before I got my Nitto Terra Grapplers. The Nitto's won only on price.

As much as I love the look of the Toyo's, my butt cheeks aren't strong enough to drive up to New Jersey in the winter with MT's.

My next set of tires will probably be Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (Snowflake Rated). I keep trying to find a bad review about them, but have had no luck.

Glad to hear you made it out of the situation ok.

I thought about getting those Toyo's before I got my Nitto Terra Grapplers. The Nitto's won only on price.

As much as I love the look of the Toyo's, my butt cheeks aren't strong enough to drive up to New Jersey in the winter with MT's.

My next set of tires will probably be Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (Snowflake Rated). I keep trying to find a bad review about them, but have had no luck.

The only time I have seen anything approaching a bad review is on large trucks (3/4 ton or 1 ton pickups) where they seem "loose". I am currently looking for a set to replace the Toyo Open Country H/Ts that came with my new LC even though the H/Ts are at 75%.

I don't care for the Toyo M/T mostly because they are heavier than similar tires from others. A 285/75R16 is almost 10 pounds heavier than the corresponding KM2 and 4.5 lbs heavier than the corresponding MTRw/Kevlar. This is superficial, but I also just don't care for the looks (I know - :princess:), and they are too common around here (it seems like everyone is running them now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom