totalled 93 fzj 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I totalled my 93 fzj80 and wos wondering if there is anything worth taking when it hits the junkyard. I don't want a bunch of crap. Just the things that would sell easily. What would eould be the easiest things to sell and remove. Also it has brand new old man emu medium duty suspension. Oh yeah and do you know if the wheels will fit an fj62.

if it has locking axles i'd take those.

Yes it has lockers.

leonard_nemoy said:
Yes it has lockers.

Take the axles. Free lockers if your looking to buy another 80 after your 93. Bring down the price.

Hey man , sorry to hear about that ... you getting insurance $ for it ?

TY

Stock 80 wheels won't fit a 62 without spacers.

Definitely the axles. I've heard that the fronts get bent quite frequently in accidents. How did you wreck? Is everyone OK?

I guess it is also a matter of what the ins company will let you take. I would have only been able to take things out of my car that was totaled if i provided replacements. I tried to get my wheels/tires (enkei/brand new michelin pilots), and they said Id need to provide factory wheels. You might want to check with your adjuster and/or the salvage yard. If youre cool/nice with them, they might let you get some stuff.

If you do grab the axles, grab the ecu as well if you can. as others said, would make great spares...

I might be interested in the center console if its in decent shape and a cheap price. I'm looking to fab one up but dont wanna carve/glass my lx450 one.

Careful. The vehicle now belongs to the insurance company and anything you remove after the appraisal is not being removed from "your" truck but from "their" truck. Minor things like sun visors will probably be overlooked but the ECU is worth a lot of money. Besides, removing things like lockers is not something you do with a screwdriver during your lunch break, everybody and his brother will know what you are doing.

Life is complicated enough already. Not worth it IMHO.

i agree with the sage advice of santiagol. your personal property is your's and they have to give you the opportunity to retrieve it, but the check that you deposit makes the truck and all of it's parts the insurers. if you've got substantial mods on the rig you can "try" to negotiate additional value for them, but i wish you the best of luck to you.

Sucks but it sounds like you are ok which is the important thing.

Where is the truck now? Anything you remove would need to be replaced. Suspension with old parts etc.

If the truck isn't totally creamed, you may be able to pick it up back from the insurance company for a good price and then make money parting it out. I know of someone local to you (and me) that would probably take the axles.

It is at the tow yard It hasn't been appraised but I am sure it is totalled. Everyone in the wreck was alright, some girl ran a stop sign and I smashed her. It was sad she started to cry because she was scared. I was planning on taking stuff off it once it went to the junkyard.

In what state is the vehicle located? I think that is what the person was asking....or atleast, that is what I'm asking...

brian
harrisonburg, va

We are in Utah

leonard_nemoy said:
I totalled my 93 fzj80 and wos wondering if there is anything worth taking when it hits the junkyard. I don't want a bunch of crap. Just the things that would sell easily. What would eould be the easiest things to sell and remove. Also it has brand new old man emu medium duty suspension. Oh yeah and do you know if the wheels will fit an fj62.

Dont junk it turn it into the Ultimate 80. See this link http://www.pbase.com/drexx/ultimate80_2004

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom