TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Izzy, respectfully, absolutely NONE of the politicians at ANY level are going to be able to address and resolve this issue. That change needs to happen at the homes of these little assshats that believe violence is cool, and escalation to gunfire is warranted. Parents need to step up and be parents, and teaching their kids right from wrong, and that thug life, gangstah life, bullying, being a self serving a-hole is NOT right.

We dont hold parents accountable enough for how their actions (both direct and indirect) impact their children. Personal responsibility is hard to instill in your kid when you dont have it in yourself. You have a very good relationship with your kids, and probably serve a similar role to your kids' friends. Your kid knows not to take a weapon to school, right? Who do you blame when a kid believes its OK to take a weapon to school?

I believe we can all agree that kIds killing kids is unacceptable from any perspective. There is enough legislation already passed that if enforced has the ability to turn us into indentured servants to the government.

Dang it, I almost bit on a long juicy rant. You guys are good, real good.

Izzy, respectfully, absolutely NONE of the politicians at ANY level are going to be able to address and resolve this issue. That change needs to happen at the homes of these little assshats that believe violence is cool, and escalation to gunfire is warranted. Parents need to step up and be parents, and teaching their kids right from wrong, and that thug life, gangstah life, bullying, being a self serving a-hole is NOT right.

We dont hold parents accountable enough for how their actions (both direct and indirect) impact their children. Personal responsibility is hard to instill in your kid when you dont have it in yourself. You have a very good relationship with your kids, and probably serve a similar role to your kids' friends. Your kid knows not to take a weapon to school, right? Who do you blame when a kid believes its OK to take a weapon to school?

The problem was caused (for the most part) by politicians. Local, state, and federal lackeys have allowed gov't to replace family/friends/neighbors. No one reaps what they sow anymore. No one can fail (think of the kids!!) Have kids you can't afford? That's ok...here's a housing voucher, food stamps, and you won't pay taxes. Free lunch at school wasn't good enough....here is free breakfast. Not one ever asks why these kids are going hungry....the deadbeat parents maybe? Can't afford a doctor visit? OK...here is medicaid. School officials are under the thumb of the local elected officials, so they can't discipline. If the gov't would get out of all social engineering projects they have (affirmative action and DACA and only doing lip service to border control) and focus on laws and protecting the borders, and let family, friends, neighbors, the church raise the families, things would change.

But it won't......It's all about increasing the size of the gov't. It won't be reversed. No one wants to give up power, and no one wants to give up their free lunch.

About 1 Billion guns in America - average of 3 per person. No one is going to take those away. They get handed around, etc.

So the solutions all are about the marketplace for new weapons and the ease of which it is to trade used ones.

Anyone who believes in Australia's plan to come take guns away is going to meet with some stiff resistance.

How we treat the transition of guns among ourselves and as new items can be controlled. That won't stop this case or any of the other cases except maybe Las Vegas.

The Las Vegas shooter bought 78 guns in one year, new. We failed here as a Country. At about 12, maybe 30 . . the purchases should have drawn visibility from a national database and flagged that dude - just to be watched.

We also failed to allow the bump stalk stupid ass thing to not be controlled under NFA rules.

But how many did he actually use? 3 or 4? They found unused guns and tons of unused ammo in the room (so they tell us)

He could only shoot 1 at a time anyway. A high capacity AK or AR, just one gun and a few magazines, and the same thing could be re-created.

In a country this size, and as we continue to encourage more and more people here that will often require police interaction, we will have (crazy) people slip through the cracks.

I have no doubt that sooner rather than later there will be (an attempt at least) to limit the # of guns you can buy/have or a limit/crazy tax on ammo.

I'm not saying limit the amount, I'm saying that when someone who has never bought a gun before, or very few, suddenly buys 78 in two months, SOMEONE should know about this and reporting of this info may be useful.

I am not a fan of The Patriot Act or any kind of government oversight, but this seems like something that should already be in place. Each of those dealers had to call NSA or NIS or some other approving authority for those new guns for a background check.

We can still not ignore the fact that at some point this year there were more murders committed by knife in London than there were in NYC by gun. These were total for the year numbers.

The problem is not with guns, the problem is with people. We live in a society that currently encourages hate right up to the top in our own government. Many view those with different opinions as the enemy, won't even listen to their point of view. A kid killed another kid at Izzy's son's school this week. Never heard of such things when I was a kid.

It's a brave new world out there. To the point where average ordinary citizens carry concealed weapons, in order to defend themselves from above mentioned crazies and other assorted azzholes that have no consideration for their fellow man.

I'm not saying limit the amount, I'm saying that when someone who has never bought a gun before, or very few, suddenly buys 78 in two months, SOMEONE should know about this and reporting of this info may be useful.

I am not a fan of The Patriot Act or any kind of government oversight, but this seems like something that should already be in place. Each of those dealers had to call NSA or NIS or some other approving authority for those new guns for a background check.

how many then? 5?
we can't/choose not to enforce the laws that are already on the books concerning all aspects of our lives...we need more haphazard gov't oversight/invasion?
Again...all the vegas shooter needed was one gun (maybe another one for backup) to terrorize thousands.
That's why I think there will be a limit on ammo....via taxes. That's all the gov't can do well.
The gov't is broken.....the FBI/CIA wouldn't talk to each other to possibly prevent 9/11!? It's as though they want these things to happen.....gives them a reason to be employed.

No hope for common sense legislation on anything.

It's a brave new world out there. To the point where average ordinary citizens carry concealed weapons, in order to defend themselves from above mentioned crazies and other assorted azzholes that have no consideration for their fellow man.
concealed carry was quite prolific in the early 20th century. It just wasn’t restricted or controlled, so nobody knows it’s extent. But look at all the pocket guns sold from approx 1850 - 1950.

The Las Vegas shooter bought 78 guns in one year, new. We failed here as a Country. At about 12, maybe 30 . . the purchases should have drawn visibility from a national database and flagged that dude - just to be watched.

I guaran-damn-tee he was flagged somewhere in the ATF with how they track for straw purchasers, but like the Broward kid and the failure of the FBI, the dots were likely just never connected:meh:

We also failed to allow the bump stalk stupid ass thing to not be controlled under NFA rules.

It does not meed the criteria as per the current NFA definitions, sorry but the law is what the law is and the definitions are clear. So either the Fed (i.e. congress) needs to pass new laws, or we will continue to have what is alreeady happening, states choosing to restrict/ban them.

And if you have ever shot a bump stock, the same effect can be duplicated with any semi-auto rifle and the belt loop of your pants.

Last edited:
Well - I did some more internet research: it was only 33, not 78, so don't believe anything I say.

Also, supposedly the ATF didn't track rifles, only handguns.

If the guy would have used his belt loop he would have probably shot himself in the foot before shooting anyone. :)

The bump stock thing reminds me of the blue ribbon coalition. If we police ourselves, we will keep trails open.

As a disgruntled NRA member and owner of a gun trust and "several" controlled items, I want to keep crap like bump stocks out. There is no practical purpose for that thing - it reduces accuracy, it looks bad and it is cheap plastic crap.

On the other hand, I want all silencers and SBRs to be de-regulated.

I am willing to "give up" waiting periods, back ground checks, mental health evals, national clearing house data base, etc.

Lets talk women's rights to choose vs abortion rights now . . . .

Also, supposedly the ATF didn't track rifles, only handguns.:)

I know that multiple handgubs sales within a certain period are specifically tracked as per the 1968 Gun Control Act, but I'd have to believe that 30+ NCIS checks over a short period of time would flag somewhere. As I said, I'm sure it flagged somewhere, just went unnoticed by the layers bureaucracy:meh:

Edit: Looks like Nevada wasn't included in the official straw purchase tracking program.

From the ATF:

The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 requires federal firearms licensees to report multiple sales or other dispositions of handguns to the same purchaser. In accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 923(g)(3), the sale or disposition of two or more handguns must be reported if they occur at the same time or within five consecutive business days of each other.

In August 2011, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) was authorized by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) under information collection 1140-0100 (Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Certain Rifles - ATF Form 3310.12) to initiate similar reporting requirements on the multiple sale or other disposition of certain rifles from licensed firearms dealers in the four border states of Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas.

In January 2018, an extension of 3 years (ending January 31, 2021), was granted for this collection.

The reporting requirements mandate that all federally licensed firearms dealers and pawnbrokers in Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas, submit to ATF reports of multiple sales or other dispositions of certain rifles to unlicensed individuals when two or more particular kinds of rifles are transferred at the same time or within five consecutive business days of each other. The types of rifles that must be reported are those with the following characteristics: semiautomatic, a caliber greater than .22 (including .223 or 5.56 mm), and the ability to accept detachable magazines.

ATF has long used multiple sales information to detect, investigate and prevent firearms trafficking. ATF views the recovery of one or more firearms used in crimes that were part of a multiple purchase as an indicator of firearms trafficking, particularly if one of the firearms was recovered a short time after the multiple sale occurred, known as a short time–to–crime ratio.

image.png

Last edited:
When I am king, there will be a basic reasoning test to get a voter ID. That way the Ass backward truly idiotic morons won’t set us back 500 years. They will get special voter card and be given an etch-a-sketch to use on that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom