TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[QUOTE="onemanarmy, I want to know why/understand why people are OK with the gov't getting more involved with your life and taking more of your hard earned money. People keep voting for it....and I THINK I know the reason why, but it never hurts to investigate and ask.

/rant[/QUOTE]

I think government overreach is a reasonable issue to disagree with. But what metric are you using to say the government is taking more money? Looking back at historical tax brackets they are almost the lowest they have ever been. Ill cherry pick a little here but

Top Tax Bracket
1968 - 70%
1978 - 70%
1988 - 28%
1998 - 39.6%
2008 - 35%
2018 - 37%

So in the last 60 the top tax bracket has been reduced by almost 50%. People want to talk about the "good ole days". They government used to take a lot more money based on percentage, its how they paid for the interstate system, national parks, infrastructure, welfare, etc.

If a higher power existed, then he/she/it would be a whole lot more tolerant, understanding and accepting of their neighbors than most republicans :lol:

Yeah, but the guest quarters is the hole.

192234.gif

If a higher power existed, then he/she/it would be a whole lot more tolerant, understanding and accepting of their neighbors than most republicans :lol:

Thor disagrees ;)

a76ffd40a09eee78b905f1150815208b.jpg

There are asshats of every color, creed, orientation, political party, neighborhood, etc. the trick is to minimize the damage they attempt to do. there are things I like about each of the party platforms. theres much more from both that I dislike. is that going to make me an asshat to them? only if they try to screw me without my consent

Top Tax Bracket
1968 - 70%
1978 - 70%
1988 - 28%
1998 - 39.6%
2008 - 35%
2018 - 37%

Yet no matter what the top bracket, the amount collected as a percentage of GDP has remained relatively unchanged since the post WWII era, ~17% +/- a percent. Increase the top rate, the top earners will do what they did in the past. Either shield/move their money, or invest less.

Plus, since the recent tax cuts, the amount of revenue going to the Fed has increased thus far in ‘18.

We have a spending problem in this country, not a revenue generation problem:meh:

Last edited:
I thought his name was Alex

If a higher power exists, then he/she/it is a whole lot more tolerant, understanding and accepting of his neighbors than most republicans :lol:

Fixed it and true and would think that many religious people in many faiths would agree and even say "most democrats" too :)

Yet no matter what the top bracket, the amount collected as a percentage of GDP has remained relatively unchanged since the post WWII era, ~17% +/- a percent. Increase the top rate, the top earners will do what they did in the past. Either shield/move their money, or invest less.

Plus, since the recent tax cuts, the amount of revenue going to the Fed has increased thus far in ‘18. We have a spending problem in this country, not a revenue generation problem:meh:

America: What Went Wrong?

Old book, but guessing the trend has continued since 1990.

I think the Libertarian Party flags pretty much sum up my interest and views about politics as of late:

LP-Porcupine-Dont-Tread-on-ANYONE.png

gadsen-pride.jpg

We all don't pay taxes. Should net takers vote count the same as someone who works hard and pays taxes and takes care of their business?

The point is....for the most part, if the gov't wasn't involved in every little thing, then friends/family/neighbors/church/volunteers would take care of the downtrodden. Sure, some would fall through the cracks...but that happens today. That would be how our society worked...not looking to the gov't first. No taxes would need to be taken, by threat of force, from me to give to someone else...who very well may have not made good decisions...because the gov't is there to save the day. That cycle has to be broken...it is unsustainable.

Any politician that says "Think of the children" will not get my vote. Do you think 'America' would let kids die in the street if the gov't didn't step in?

How do you feel about your elected officials letting thousands more leaches in this country everyday all while the citizens who are struggling fight for jobs and benefits? How much should I be paying? When will it ever be enough? Consistently asking for more is unsustainable.

I like this - was looking for the total cost of government to divide our total population, but this guy already did the math.

How Much Does the Government Cost?

Who here pays more than $11K per year to Federal Taxes? I can't remember a time were I didn't. Not next year LOL- - gonna pull a Trump on dat Fed gov Azz, prolly get Audit'd.

I live in South freakin Carolina, it is Nov 15 and we had about 3" of rain last night according to the horse bowl rain gauges AND there is snow at the base of the paint booth. SNOW! I am going back to praying to the wood stove as I am wet and frozen. Marry a woman that has horses they said, buy a farm they said, you'll love it they said. Friggin horses are standing in the pouring rain while their horse house is 20' away. They are all blanketed (rugged) up and warm as hell.

Insurance companies! :bang:

Just received the renewal for next years coverage for the 40 from Hagerty. It went up $138 for no apparent reason, I haven't had any claims and I haven't increased the agreed on value. So I called this morning and the polite lady on the other end told me that because they have had a lot of claims for comprehensive coverage my policy went up $114 for the comprehensive alone. Who knows what the other $24 is for. Grundy won't cover it unless I have a fully enclosed garage. Maybe I need to start another insurance search(?!?) or simply pay the policy and quit wasting time.:deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom