Torsion Bars with AHC Alignment Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched a ton and don't see a definitive answer.......so I finally got Techstream and my 99 LX470 which has 267K has high pressures in the front. I'm about to start cranking on the torsion bars to reduce the pressures but wanted to ask if I'll need to get an alignment after cranking on the TB's? I'm guessing not since the AHC will compensate for the added pressure from the TB's and retain the same height. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

I've searched a ton and don't see a definitive answer.......so I finally got Techstream and my 99 LX470 which has 267K has high pressures in the front. I'm about to start cranking on the torsion bars to reduce the pressures but wanted to ask if I'll need to get an alignment after cranking on the TB's? I'm guessing not since the AHC will compensate for the added pressure from the TB's and retain the same height. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
Correct. No alignment needed as the geometry will remain unchanged. You're just adjusting how much load the mechanical springs (torsion bars) carry vs the hydraulic rams.

Correct. No alignment needed as the geometry will remain unchanged. You're just adjusting how much load the mechanical springs (torsion bars) carry vs the hydraulic rams.
Thanks a lot! Just wanted to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom