LX470 with Strutmaster AHC delete and OME Torsion Bars - off road capable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently picked up a 2003 LX470. The previous owner had a Lexus dealer install the Strut Master AHC delete kit--at least I assume it is the whole kit--it has Strut Master shocks. I checked the torsion bars, and they are Old Man Emu. It has stock wheels and tires.

This is my first truck. I would like to take it off road, starting with easy trails without risk of dragging, etc. My question is whether my vehicle with its current set up is trail ready. I see that there is little love for the Strut Master kit, but I'm hoping it is okay since the torsion bars have been upgraded.

I realize that, even if my setup is sufficient, I need to give it a thorough inspection before hitting the trail. I'm sure there's a thread on that somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

The strut masters kit is notorious because it's incomplete. Since you have the torsion bars, it's been made "complete". Unless it's got a front steel bumper, the OME bars are probably too much spring for your vehicle, but you can off-road to your heart's content. Factory Toyota shocks and the normal LC torsion bars would be an improvement, but not a requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom