Do I Need to Replace My Torsion Bars? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title says, I'm thinking I may need to replace my torsion bars and am looking for some guidance.

Yesterday I installed Dobinsons C59-223v progressive rear coils which gave me some lift in the rear. They will settle a little, but right now the rear hub-to-fender measures out to be 23" (I assume they'll settle around 22.5"). Today I wanted to adjust my torsion bars to correct for the raked stance. I started at 20.5" hub-to-fender in front, gave them a few turns, the adjustment screw bottomed out on the driver's side (not the passenger, though it is close), and measured 21.25" hub-to-fender. Took the truck around the block and then re-measured and I am back at 20.5" in front. Is this indicative of worn torsion bars? If so, would the OME torsion bars correct for this while providing a decent bump in ride height? I'd also like to not have my teeth rattled out while I'm driving, as this is my daily driver.

Thanks in advance!

Like the title says, I'm thinking I may need to replace my torsion bars and am looking for some guidance.

Yesterday I installed Dobinsons C59-223v progressive rear coils which gave me some lift in the rear. They will settle a little, but right now the rear hub-to-fender measures out to be 23" (I assume they'll settle around 22.5"). Today I wanted to adjust my torsion bars to correct for the raked stance. I started at 20.5" hub-to-fender in front, gave them a few turns, the adjustment screw bottomed out on the driver's side (not the passenger, though it is close), and measured 21.25" hub-to-fender. Took the truck around the block and then re-measured and I am back at 20.5" in front. Is this indicative of worn torsion bars? If so, would the OME torsion bars correct for this while providing a decent bump in ride height? I'd also like to not have my teeth rattled out while I'm driving, as this is my daily driver.

Thanks in advance!
You don’t need new bars. Just reclock/reindex your current bars. This will allow for more preload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom