To see what you think (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok After reading and looking for about 6 months It's time for me to show every body what I'm driving.

It's a 92 Aus GXL (as you can see from the pics) with 198K miles and no mods "yet"

I'm only going to be online for another 30mins but I wil check tomorow night to see what you all think.

Very nice looking! Always neat to see non US spec LC.

Careful with those running boards...looks like the PS already took a couple shots...;) You wouldn't want them to crush your rocker panels.

nice rig. I like the color combination of the burgundy with the black flares. OEM steel wheels...cool.

:D

I love it wish we could get turbo's here.....looks really nice....and welcome!!

TX_TLC said:
Very nice looking! Always neat to see non US spec LC.

Careful with those running boards...looks like the PS already took a couple shots...;) You wouldn't want them to crush your rocker panels.

Thanks for the feedback. At least the running boards are keeping the stone chips down a little. They will be there until I can put some sliders on.

I enjoy reading what you all are up to. And apart from sitting on diffrent sides to drive and a few "options" from new we are all doing the same things.

4WDing nothing can beat it! :beer: :beer: :beer:

no roof rack and burgandy, if it has cloth seats, well then I hate you. :D
never mind that was my envious twin coming out. :crybaby:
very nice rig, more pics please, inside pics too.
Steven

Please post up more pics. I love to see what is different.

We are all envious of the better fuel mileage with the diesels and I really like the black fenders

Very nice vehicle. Please ruin our day by telling us what the fuel mileage is...:D

loquito said:
no roof rack and burgandy, if it has cloth seats, well then I hate you. :D
never mind that was my envious twin coming out. :crybaby:
very nice rig, more pics please, inside pics too.
Steven

Well I'm sorry to say, yep it has cloth seats :)

cruiserdan said:
Very nice vehicle. Please ruin our day by telling us what the fuel mileage is...:D

Iv'e converted every thing for you.

And to realy top things off, I get about 25 MPG Loaded with 4 adults + luggage. And a touring range of 683+ standard, 38 Gallons in two separate switchable tanks ( I can feed from either)

And don't tell any one but it's also 5 speed :eek:

seriously though with the cost of deisil here you would probably be traveling further for your dollar :frown: Today I paid $4.92 for a US gallon :frown: So with the good we also take the bad.

I will get some pics tomorow for you of the interior and motor. This one is the only other one I have at the moment.
Streching.JPG

G'day Spin Good to see some more Deisel Manuals on here. The range you get 683 is that km of that other funny measurement (miles)

Aussie cruiser said:
G'day Spin Good to see some more Deisel Manuals on here. The range you get 683 is that km of that other funny measurement (miles)

G'day Aussie 683 is that other measurement, it translates to about 1100 K's If I strech the freindship I will get about 1250 K's (776 Miles). To be safe and not suck any "Gunk" off the bottom of the tank I work with 1100.

I convert the numbers because that is the measurement most of the people use here, plus I've got a neat little convert program sitting in my Quick launch tool bar that otherwise wouldn't get used. :)

$4.92/gallon :eek: Guess, I'll shut up about our $2.60/gall for gasoline!

Nice rig man.

Nice rig Spin!

Hmmm...double the mileage or double the gas price... :confused:

Seeing that my other vehicle gets way better mileage, I'll take the lower gas price.

So are the Aussie LC's full time 4wd also? I also didn't know AUS was so green and had asphalt roads. All the Discovery Channel shows I've seen only show the rural desert terrain, dirt roads leading to who knows where, and that everyone had to drive a cruiser or old RR with a snorkel to cross some river to get to the store :banana: , pub :beer: , or home :princess: .

:D

Since I'm on a roll... my favorite export out of AUS is the teen punk musical called 'Starstruck' (circa mid 1980's). :popcorn:

L8r.

WET

alia176 said:
$4.92/gallon :eek: Guess, I'll shut up about our $2.60/gall for gasoline!

Nice rig man.

$2.90 for premium yesterday.

wileetoyote said:
Nice rig Spin!

So are the Aussie LC's full time 4wd also? I also didn't know AUS was so green and had asphalt roads. All the Discovery Channel shows I've seen only show the rural desert terrain, dirt roads leading to who knows where, and that everyone had to drive a cruiser or old RR with a snorkel to cross some river to get to the store :banana: , pub :beer: , or home :princess: .

No not all the 8o's were full time only the GXL and upwards were. We had the base model with vinyl seats and floor coverings and barn doors and theRV which was a poverty pack GXL which were part timers

Yes we have had ashpalt roads for quite some time now but it's a pitty the photographer missed all the Kangaroos hopping down the main street.

anyway gotta go now my legs are getting sore pedalling the generator (wish we had electricity)

Last edited:
Aussie cruiser said:
and the RV which was a poverty pack GXL which were part timers

The RV spec is full time 4wd, i've got one but i've done the part-time conversion on mine...

Why did you do a conversion back to part-time 4x4 ?

For less drive line back lash. Bit better fuel ecomony. No front drive shaft vibration when i put in a bigger lift. And if i break a CV i can unlock the hubs and still drive.

I like your turbo sticker. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom