TIS Techstream - Customization Options for LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reviving this old thread since I just got Techstream up and running to diagnose a DTC code on my 100. Happy to see it communicates with all my Toyotas also! Does anyone know if I can kill the rear hatch open chime? I'm not talking about the alert when you drive with it open. I mean after I turn off my truck, hop out with the keys in my pocket, and open the rear hatch I get about a 3-5 second constant beep. I'd like to turn that off if possible, maybe I overlooked the option but I didn't see it when I went through everything.

Reviving this old thread since I just got Techstream up and running to diagnose a DTC code on my 100. Happy to see it communicates with all my Toyotas also! Does anyone know if I can kill the rear hatch open chime? I'm not talking about the alert when you drive with it open. I mean after I turn off my truck, hop out with the keys in my pocket, and open the rear hatch I get about a 3-5 second constant beep. I'd like to turn that off if possible, maybe I overlooked the option but I didn't see it when I went through everything.

I think you're doing something wrong. I don't get a beep like that. Are you perhaps pressing BOTH buttons when you open the hatch? You press the larger elongated button to unlatch, and the smaller round button to lock all the doors. If you press them both them open the hatch, the system is yelling at you that it can't lock the doors since the hatch is open.

I think you're doing something wrong. I don't get a beep like that. Are you perhaps pressing BOTH buttons when you open the hatch? You press the larger elongated button to unlatch, and the smaller round button to lock all the doors. If you press them both them open the hatch, the system is yelling at you that it can't lock the doors since the hatch is open.
What @KLF said. I seem do to this almost every time I open my hatch with those buttons.

Can you disable the constant chime when driving with the rear hatch open?

Maybe?

My 2013 does not do this. Not sure if I disabled it in Techstream directly, if it just doesn't do it in the 2013 MY, or if it's part of the "buckle your seatbelt" chime (which I also disabled)

The "quick and dirty" method to do this is to take a screwdriver and flip the tumbler in the latch. This closes a switch in the latch that tells the truck that the hatch is closed. No more annoying beeps. Just be sure to push the unlatch button to open the latch again, before closing the hatch after you get the cargo unloaded. Otherwise, when you slam the hatch it will bang on the latch and could damage it.

I actually have a push button on the inside of my upper hatch that I can manipulate this microswitch.

The "quick and dirty" method to do this is to take a screwdriver and flip the tumbler in the latch. This closes a switch in the latch that tells the truck that the hatch is closed. No more annoying beeps. Just be sure to push the unlatch button to open the latch again, before closing the hatch after you get the cargo unloaded. Otherwise, when you slam the hatch it will bang on the latch and could damage it.

I actually have a push button on the inside of my upper hatch that I can manipulate this microswitch.
FYI the latch is precisely the right size to fit the end of a bungee cord for when you want to fit something too large in but don't want the hatch flopping about as you drive. Which come to think of it is probably why mine didn't chirp when I drove with it open.

Just be warned when unlocking the trunk that you've removed the stress from the cord, or it'll fire away if it's under tension. Ask me how I know.

What @KLF said. I seem do to this almost every time I open my hatch with those buttons.
Ahhh okay I think y’all are exactly right thanks!

FYI the latch is precisely the right size to fit the end of a bungee cord for when you want to fit something too large in but don't want the hatch flopping about as you drive.

Maybe I'll try that next time. I had 4 sheets of Zip sheathing and 36 2x4's in my truck last Friday. My usual method of tying down the upper hatch is to run a rope around the wiper shaft, then down to the trailer hitch safety chain loop. Not liking the stress on the wiper.

IMG_20200904_161614.jpg

is there a 64bit version that exists or it's 32 or nothing? I don't have any 32bit machines around anymore...

I think the usual fix is to install a virtual machine.

However, the Techstream program itself is indifferent to 32 or 64 bit. It is the driver associated with the OBDII dongle that is 32 or 64 bit.

There are 64-bit driver executables for the usual cheap clone device out on the web.

But I have to warn that for any I have looked into that anti-virus programs alert (and will quarantine) as the code writes direct to the registry on a windows PC. I don't know if there is any other cause for alarm.

I can say the one I have has never seemingly done anything to my Surface Pro tablet. As an added precaution, I run the Windows Firewall Control program on all my PCs, so I'm pretty sure it isn't some trojan communicating with some bad actor out there.

is there a 64bit version that exists or it's 32 or nothing? I don't have any 32bit machines around anymore...
I run it on 2 different 64bit systems

There are a few customizations that I believe are possible but that I can't figure out. Figured I'd try here.

1. When the vehicle is on, I am parked, I open the door before turning off the vehicle. The chime starts as soon as I open the door, but it won't stop until the door is closed. I would love to turn off that chime.

2. When I have the vehicle off, I go and open the rear upper tailgate. It starts beeping. Please stop this one.

3. Is it possible to make the windows so that they can roll up / down if the key is present but the vehicle isn't on? I'd love to be able to roll up the window that someone forgot without turning on the vehicle.

There are a few customizations that I believe are possible but that I can't figure out. Figured I'd try here.

1. When the vehicle is on, I am parked, I open the door before turning off the vehicle. The chime starts as soon as I open the door, but it won't stop until the door is closed. I would love to turn off that chime.

2. When I have the vehicle off, I go and open the rear upper tailgate. It starts beeping. Please stop this one.

3. Is it possible to make the windows so that they can roll up / down if the key is present but the vehicle isn't on? I'd love to be able to roll up the window that someone forgot without turning on the vehicle.

3. You can change this setting with techstream. But it is to roll the windows down and up with the remote and not turn the car on. If I remember correctly it is hold unlock to open all windows, turn key in keyhole to lock position and hold to roll up.

We'd all love to turn that stupid chime off. So annoying. But it's just not an option. What I sometimes will do is instinctively reach down and give the button on the door jamb a push, it thinks the door got closed, so the chime stops.

This is mostly likely because you are pushing both buttons on the underside of the liftgate. Just push the slightly longer button to unlock and lift the gate. The smaller round button is for locking it. If you push both while opening, the truck thinks you are trying to simultaneously unlock and lock the doors at the same time, so it does the long beep to say "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that".

Any way to modify the coolant temp gauge to show what the actual coolant temperature is rather than sitting in the middle all the time. Also on BMWs there was a setting to intensify the US high beams, I have a 2017 LC with LED headlights, is it possible to modified the dash gauges and LED headlights?

Any way to modify the coolant temp gauge to show what the actual coolant temperature is rather than sitting in the middle all the time. Also on BMWs there was a setting to intensify the US high beams, I have a 2017 LC with LED headlights, is it possible to modified the dash gauges and LED headlights?
Not in Techstream

@oneofew if you want to be able to modify the dash you probably need to look at aftermarket options like

The first one looks cool in that it can display oil pressure, transmission temp, and a number of other things that you can only get with an aftermarket OBD2 scanner. No idea if either would work with our US spec 200s though, or how customizable the display is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom