Tire thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rocking the new tires with an alignment.

Question though.... steering wheel still has more play than I like and doesn't feel tight. Any suggestions to fix this?

20160614_163330.jpg

Once you lift and put bigger tires on your going to have a little slop, IMHO. Also, these are old trucks and the gears in the steering box have lots of wear in them.

However, I'm fairly certain there's an adjustment for play in the steering shaft. I'm not 100% though. Do you have a FSM?

Got the new tires mounted up this morning. I've been traveling non stop lately so I had the day off to catch up today. 38.5x11r16 Boggers. They measured out to 37.5 inches mounted up. I had to cut several inches out of the back of the front fenders and pie cut the inner fender and hammer it up. At full flex with factory bump stops I can't get it to contact anywhere else. Of course, the first wheeling trip will probably change that. I used 10oz of Dynabeads per tire to balance. They are smooth as can be expected from up to 55 except for one weird spot about 35. Oh well. Here's some pics.
IMG_20160620_103951825_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103935800_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103601408_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103549197_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103526406_HDR.jpg

Teddy, they looks good on there. Did you get another daily driver? Those things probably sing! They look sweet though.

Yeah. I got a little commuter car.

Got the new tires mounted up this morning. I've been traveling non stop lately so I had the day off to catch up today. 38.5x11r16 Boggers. They measured out to 37.5 inches mounted up. I had to cut several inches out of the back of the front fenders and pie cut the inner fender and hammer it up. At full flex with factory bump stops I can't get it to contact anywhere else. Of course, the first wheeling trip will probably change that. I used 10oz of Dynabeads per tire to balance. They are smooth as can be expected from up to 55 except for one weird spot about 35. Oh well. Here's some pics.
View attachment 1278528 View attachment 1278529 View attachment 1278530 View attachment 1278531 View attachment 1278532
Man, those are huge! You're like riding up in the atmosphere in those things. Ready for Wind Rock?

Man, those are huge! You're like riding up in the atmosphere in those things. Ready for Wind Rock?
I have to get my steering box fixed first. Waiting on some parts from Onur, 105 series sector shaft and pitman arm, then sending them off with my steering box to West Texas Off-road. Hoping to have it all taken care of by OTMT time.

So have y'all heard about the KO2 cracking and sidewall failure? I'm not sure if it is that widespread. What is the opinion? I'm looking to buy some tires for a 100 series and am wondering if I should go with the BFGs or maybe Nittos or Toyos? They will probably be 285s going on a stock 100. Let me know what the consensus is!!! By the way, I have 4000 miles on the set of KO2s on the Jeep that I haven't had a problem with... Maybe just a bad batch of tires?

I've had mine in a while with no issues

I know @Trollhole had some issues with ones on his 100 series. I think i have the same issue after only 500 miles on my 40.....going to let Marshall take a look at it before taking it back to Costco.....agreed that it appears to be a bad batch.

I've been pretty satisfied with my KO2s, ride great and they are quiet. Only downside is mud, they get packed and turn into slicks. So as long as the trails were dry...they were great. I'm thinking about getting a set of the swamper TSL bias ply to drag with me to certain events and swap out on site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom