Tire thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are good looking tires and every thing I've read about them was top notch. I'm considering them for my next set.

Come on now! I need a little bit of off road capability and want the look...:)
Understood, also, I think you'd be fine with an E rated tire. I ran E rated on my FJC and it was about the same weight as a JK. Pretty sure Rick runs E rated tires as well, though he is a little heavier.

Got my street tires on... good ole 33x12.50/15s on old white wagons. Only $675 for 4 of them shipped from 4wd.com!

IMG_5034.JPG

Ha, yeah, after my paint job and plastidip. That Plastidip holds up pretty well! My passenger side mirror didnt make it though, and driver side is just barely hanging on. Y'all did a great job on that bumper fabrication Marshall, I love it. thanks again

I have E rated KO2's on my 4runner, they replaced a set of E rated KO's that I put nearly 70k miles on, and I could have gotten a few more out of them. I run almost all highway miles in my 4runner and they are great tires. And if you do decide to take them off road then you have the tried and tested bfg reputation to fall back on.

I just got a set of 5 KO2s, for now sitting on a pallet while I get the very last 1/16" out of my current set. That online site www.4WD.com had the best deal I could find (they're related to 4WParts stores, because one option for delivery was to pick up at the nearest store). I got all five shipped for under $1000, size 315/75R16 (34.6") and they arrived in less than 3 business days. I've run KM2s for the last two sets, but with my wheeling frequency I decided its time to go with an A/T tread, hoping to get a few thousand more miles out of a set. I've seen guys do some decent trails with the BFG A/Ts too, so I'm not worried about keeping up, even though I'm not running M/Ts.View attachment 1153657

I wanted to like this post but it made me mad I caved for a set of used KO for not much less :(

And what's with everyone switching to AT's ? I like it :)

I figure for Rick it's just adding a small degree of challenge to the trails. After watching cruiserhead05 follow us all around Daniel I had the same thought .... Of course it was a dry day in URE.

I wanted to like this post but it made me mad I caved for a set of used KO for not much less :(

And what's with everyone switching to AT's ? I like it :)

I figure for Rick it's just adding a small degree of challenge to the trails. After watching cruiserhead05 follow us all around Daniel I had the same thought .... Of course it was a dry day in URE.
I'm about halfway through my second set of Duratracs in the 315/75 flavor right now; been getting about 50000 out of a set. I'm seriously considering the KO2's as my next tire because of something Rick made me think about. Where we wheel at, having MT's really doesn't make much of a difference on the clay when it rains. Plus, I have a winch:flipoff2:. Will probably be next summer before I have to make a decision.

Put a set of 33x10.50-15 Bfg Km2's on a few months ago. I'm a big Nitto fan but Bfg was the only one that made a tire in this size. Haven't been off the pavement yet so no real review but it's a Bfg so I expect it to be a pretty good tire.
I just noticed something about the Jeep... The Levis sticker! I had one on my CJ-5 a few years ago, in the same spot, because it had a denim interior. Would this be the same edition?

Yes, Jeremy, they only did those for 3 or 4 years in the 70's. I had a 77 CJ7 with the same sticker and interior, though the front seats were trashed. It also had the Renegade package.

Mounted some Mickey Thompson atz on the 80. One trip so far and nice to be on new rubber. Quiet and smooth on the highway and pretty good on the trail.

Hate this tread pattern is discontinued now. Was only able to get 4 but I may have to go on a NOS hunt for a 5th. Until then I kept one nitto. Tempted to throw it on the stock hoist underneath and keep running sans swingout.

image.jpg

Installed some 34x10.50r17 bfg at ko2 on the GX and love them!

Seems like everyone likes the BFG ko2 so that is probably my next tire pending funds.

How many miles are yall getting out of the new ones?

I have like 2000 miles on mine...plenty of tread left. lol

I deserve that... LOL :doh:
For what it's worth, I ran the BFG KO's on my F350 for about 35K miles and then moved them to the 80 and put another 20K on them. They still had plenty of tread when Marshall pulled them off and put on the Swamper 35's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom