tire deflators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have experience with tire deflators. The set I have, aluminum, were screwed together too tight and the threads fused together. This was a cheap set, under $10.00 and worked pretty good until now.
I've heard there are a few brands that allow you to preset what pressure you want to deflate to. Thought I might get myself a belated Christmas gift ;)
Anybody have any experience with these. Do they work well? Where to buy?

[quote author=fjcruiser link=board=1;threadid=9560;start=msg83741#msg83741 date=1073093981]
Anyone have experience with tire deflators. The set I have, aluminum, were screwed together too tight and the threads fused together. This was a cheap set, under $10.00 and worked pretty good until now.
I've heard there are a few brands that allow you to preset what pressure you want to deflate to. Thought I might get myself a belated Christmas gift ;)
Anybody have any experience with these. Do they work well? Where to buy?
[/quote]

I use the unit Currie makes, it very fast(pulls and holds the valve stem) and had a built in guage, had it 4+ years, not cheap, like $60 but nice.

I have never deflated my tires while 4 wheeling. Based on what I have seen of some of your rigs, I don't go on the type of trails you do. When do you do this? I assume its to improve your traction.

Good assumtion romer...

I run lower air pressure off road all the time, rocks, mud, snow, sand, heavy/loamy dirts, anything. It helps more that you would think.

I have this set of deflators, extra-low kit on the bottom...

http://www.oasisoffroad.com/tireInflatorDeflator.html

Seem to work fine, just read the instructions....

Good luck!

-Steve

Thanks Steve,
Do you run them defalted all the time? I am curious at what time you say, " better get out and deflate the tires." Sounds like you do it once you start. I am just trying to figure when you cross the line that it actually will help.

Ken

Steve,
I followed your link and the guide there is pretty self explanatory. maybe we should add a new topic titled whose the oldest guy who learned a new trick.

Ken

I strive to learn something new everyday man...don't worry about the age thing...

Other than than ease of use...is there any reason you need all 4 of these ?

could you just use one at a time ? splitting the cost with a 3 other people ?

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=9560;start=msg83793#msg83793 date=1073100142]
Good assumtion romer...

I run lower air pressure off road all the time, rocks, mud, snow, sand, heavy/loamy dirts, anything. It helps more that you would think.
[/quote]

Everything but snow.

I use the staun. They are very easy to use and set. I have had mine set for over a year now and get the same pressure every time within .5 psi.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/staun/index.htm

These folks are very nice and are easy to do business with.

No affiliation, just happy customer.

[quote author=Dingleberry link=board=1;threadid=9560;start=msg83892#msg83892 date=1073133335]
Everything but snow.
[/quote]

Much of the snow wheeling that I have done, has been on the same trails that get run in the no snow months, so the same challenges are there. I have found that with increased air pressures, that things are far more difficult to get past, even in the snow.

Good luck!

-Steve

I've used the Oasis deflators for a few years. They work great.
Using all 4 at once gets you aired down quicker.
Some of the trails I run have choppy surfaces for miles.
Driving at high speeds( say 10-15mph ) can shake the poor truck to death.
Low pressure make such surfaces smooth out.
Titres flex instead of the whole dang truck.
Improved traction as well. I rarely go lower than 15 psi.
Results may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom