Timing cover tip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
i am in the habit of cleaning and reusing timing cover hardware, so this has been under my radar. Dsb345 is going for a full nut and bolt resto, so i ordered him new hardware.

Lo and behold, those two bottom bolts, the ones you have to clean REALLY good, the ones you have clean out the holes on the front bearing cap really good, and put sealant on. Well,they come with threadlocker from Mr T!
image.jpg

i am in the habit of cleaning and reusing timing cover hardware, so this has been under my radar. Dsb345 is going for a full nut and bolt resto, so i ordered him new hardware.

Lo and behold, those two bottom bolts, the ones you have to clean REALLY good, the ones you have clean out the holes on the front bearing cap really good, and put sealant on. Well,they come with threadlocker from Mr T!
View attachment 1207860
Mark,

Does that threadlocker do the job of sealant needed for those two bottom bolts, or do you add something else?

Mark,

Does that threadlocker do the job of sealant needed for those two bottom bolts, or do you add something else?
They went on very snug, like the carrier studs I'm used to changing on the riffs. Nothing else should be required.
I like them so much, even though I finished my own timing cover weeks ago, I bought a pair for myself, and will be installing them shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom