Time to change the dry rotted tires on the 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Replaced the starter on the truck and noticed the dryrot in the tread. These 20-year-old or so Bridgestone dueller MTs need a change. Right now the size is 32x11.5x15 on some old school American racing rims. The suspension is stock and super flexy, so I'm thinking of downsizing to 31x10.5x15 on some tacoma steely 15s I have laying around. Whenever my 40 sees off-road, which is rare these days, it's almost always mud and a water crossing, but I spend most of the time cruising around the backroads naked with the windshield down. Snow and ice is not a concern.
Any recommendations from those tire nerds that have recently been doing the same research?
I'm kind of tired of running the retreads, as most shops can't balance them worth a damn.

Thanks ahead of time for the ideas.

Costco sells the BFGs and includes lifetime balance. I put GY Duratracs on my 40 in 31x10.50 and really like them. I haven't taken them offroad though. Hopefully come April that won't be the case.

if it's not a super swamper, it's just an all terrain tire.

just sayin....

I have always loved the BFG All terrains. I just bought several... 31 x 10.50 x 15 on 15 x 6 wheels 3.25 bs

fj40 white wheel.jpg

patches with grey wheel 2.jpg

I've been a big fan of Firestone MTs Aggressive looking, good road manners, long lasting and not too loud. Also, somewhat cheap. I just put 4 on the LX for about $900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom