Time for Carpet! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
Well... soon.

Anyone got a recommendation on brand? Source? ACC keeps popping up in my searches. Either their carpet is good or their SEO is good.

The first step looks like it'll be figuring out what color a 1984 Pickup would've come with. My truck is "Cream" and the interior is brown... and tan... and beige. ACC offers: Buckskin, Doeskin, Saddle, Brown, Beige, Sandstone... I guess I could order 6 sets and pick one that matches the best. But yeah, I'd like to avoid that hassle (and damage to my credit card!)

Glad you found all those ACC suppliers. Pick the one that has the best price.

Cut Pile or Essex, Standard or Mass backing... Lots to pick from - assuming the Extended Cab option and one of the right browns overlaps with the right cut, backing...

I'll look into getting samples.

Thanks guys

I bought the highest end ACC carpet when redoing my interior and converting the gray. Also went with the jute matting. Just be advised it is WAAAAY oversized, you will need to spend a lot of time trimming and cutting all the holes needed. I found a set of Klein Electrician Scissors to be the best tool for making the numerous cuts. I must have taken that carpet in and out of that truck a hundred times to get it right. Very tedious job, took me the good part of 2 days.

Finally got around to ordering samples. I saw in their FAQs, they will supply matching carpet by the yard. That's a big plus - thinking about building a storage/speaker box behind the seats (Xtr cab) and matching carpet would be a nice touch.

My 2 cents regarding ACC. I bought their full carpet kit for my 4runner a few years ago, after sitting in the Oregon sun (not the worst by any means) for a few summers with the top off the carpet has been bleached quite noticably. I can post a couple pics if interested. I'm sure its not a huge deal especially if its going into a pickup, just wanted to mention it.

Thanks @jakey poo for the heads-up. To your point, hoping the carpet will be less affected by the sun in the closed cab.

I got three samples from ACC - will compare to the door panels, seats, dash and pick one. I'll post up once installed.

Have you looked at Stock Interiors? They offer lots of options too.

Have you looked at Stock Interiors? They offer lots of options too.
Thanks for the reminder! Just ordered samples.

I guess there's a silver lining to the body shop taking f o r e v e r to finish the body/paint work. I've got plenty of time to sort out carpet, rear window, seats, wheels...

I’ll be interested to see which samples you prefer. My wife was all gung-ho to have me dothe carpet in ours, until I reminded her it is primarily a toy and used for hunting and fishing etc which leads to wet and muddy dogs and humans filling it with dead bloody things. Not exactly a great candidate for shiny new carpet. I’d love it, don’t get me wrong, but it would be a waste of time and money at this point.

Totally get it. I have said for years that carpet in a car or truck - any car or truck is inherently stupid. Think about - would you have carpet in your house right inside the front door or garage door? Even a shiny new Lexus sedan - you go from the gas station's slimy, oily concrete to plush tan carpet. Brilliant.

But... I don't like the razor thin vinyl floor liners either. So, I'll do the typical - new carpet under new rubber mats.

For no practical reason, I also want to quite the Pickup down a bit - just knock the edge off the tinny lightweight sound. My primary DD is a Land Cruiser... which, compared to an '84 Pickup, sounds like a leather bank vault. Slamming the door on the '84 sounds more like the little wind-up monkey with the symbols.

I'm going to add sound deadening material under the carpet, behind the door panels... and later when I build a speaker/storage box behind the seats, that'll be wrapped in the same carpet as the floor. I'm guessing, after all that, it'll sound like an old RAV4 ;)

Last edited:
I totally get it. My other vehicle is a 100 series. Tight and quiet, even with 230,000 on it. In my old toys case, it’s a 4Runner with a soft top 90% of the time, so there is not much point in sound proofing. Earplugs are my friend on a longer trip, though it’s usually on the trailer if I’m going further than an hours drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom