theOGzilla's '92 HDJ81. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How's it going everyone! Mike here from Central PA. I bought my '92 HDJ81 from Driver Motorsports in August of 2018. It's coming up on a year of ownership. I decided to make a build thread for my Cruiser. I've owned several vehicles in the past but honestly, this HDJ81 is one of my favorite vehicles I've ever owned! It's fun to drive, takes me just about anywhere I want to go and I enjoy the little mods along the way. I also own a '91 R32 GT-R which I rarely drive as it is a fully built race car.

If you guys are interested in following my social media:

YouTube - theOGzilla

Instagram - theOGzilla

I am by means no expert on documenting my mods and maintenance but I figured anyone could benefit from it especially it's something you're looking to do/need help with!

Fast forward to the present, I changed a few things on the Cruiser.

1) I installed a new Pioneer AVH-2330NEX along with new Kicker speakers all around. There was an electrical issue with the old screen and it was in Japanese...definitely could not read that. Along with the screen, I also installed a back up camera as well.

2) Removed the resonators from the stock exhaust on the Cruiser. It is a 2.5" straight pipe which brought some nice tones out of the 4.2L! (I will eventually go 3" as I have power mods in store for it.)

3) Installed the Front Runner Slimline II that was provide by Endless Horizon Outfitters! (Pictures below)

4) Removed the flares and side moldings. I ended up cracking the left rear flare while off-roading. I wanted to remove it to potentially replace the broken one or remove them altogether. I ended up removing them altogether and really like it that way.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I've gotten several questions from numerous people regarding the holes on both sides of the Cruiser. I plugged the holes using the following kit:

Rubber Grommet Plug Kit

5) Reference to the above pictures, my buddy made me custom sliders to fit my HDJ81. I am extremely grateful for him being able to make custom items for both of my vehicles. He fabricated my weld in cage for the GT-R, full exhaust for both vehicles, fuel cell cage for the race car, etc. He will be fabricating my front/rear bumpers for the HDJ81 in the future as well.

6) So here's the best mod so far! (I mean they're all great but this one was definitely an improvement!)

SLINKY LONG TRAVEL STAGE 4 KIT! Big thank you to Endless Horizon Outfitters for providing this awesome kit!

Last edited:
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE:

I'd like to thank Kevin Brown from Endless Horizon Outfitters from the outstanding customer service and providing me with such an awesome product. I am glad I pulled the trigger on the Slinky Long Travel Stage 4 Kit. The difference in ride between my stock suspension is awesome!

Hope you guys enjoy the first post so far! Plenty of more mods coming to this Cruiser and also off-roading content. If you're interested in anything GT-R related or Cruiser related, you can sub to my channel in the post above. Looking forward to updating this thread with more content!

I am currently shopping around for front/rear lockers, power mods such as FMIC, turbo, injectors, pump, etc. I ordered a new water pump, timing belt and supporting replacement parts to get that done. I also ordered a gasket overhaul kit to replace any that may be showing its age and keep some in stock in case they were to go at any point in the near future.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you a quick update on how the build is going!

I recently installed a Harrop E-Locker that was provided by Georg. It was fantastic off-road. If you'd like to watch some footage from the most recent off road trip:

I also made an install video for those interested in the Harrop E-Locker setup for your rear end!

I have new mods coming for the LC. The front end is getting 90% refreshed with 300M 30 Spline RCV's, Harrop Front E-Locker and Knuckle Rebuild Kit. All I'd be missing is a new set of pads / rotors which will be coming soon!

As I type this, I also picked up a Explorer Series Tepui Kukenam 3 to pair with my Front Runner Roof Rack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom