Builds Thed's Mod Journal ('22 GX460) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The road manners are definitely an improvement over the non-A Wildpeaks. Just a ride in my friend's 4Runner with the same lift could tell me that. They're definitely solid on-road and I haven't had an issue with them in the sand. However I have yet to take this thing to the mountains due to my extremely limited free time this summer.

As far as fitting a spare, I haven't tried. If it does fit it'll be tight.
Is it twitchy on the freeway? I'm debating upgrading UCA's when I do a 2 in. Dobinson lift.

Is it twitchy on the freeway? I'm debating upgrading UCA's when I do a 2 in. Dobinson lift.
Dead stable. This thing can cruise on the highway all day and love every minute of it. Albeit at slower speeds than my Miata or Ducati lol

Dead stable. This thing can cruise on the highway all day and love every minute of it. Albeit at slower speeds than my Miata or Ducati lol
Absolutely agree. Upper UCA's will help in several areas:
  1. More room for larger coils.
  2. Ability to move caster forward to help keep your tires from rubbing on the body mounts.
  3. Better articulation.
  4. Keep tires from rubbing on UCA's
  5. Driving experience.
On our trip to Main (from So. Cal), my rig, fully loaded handled GREAT! Even with Texas 80 mph speed limits! (I don't usually like traveling that fast)

While that’s 100% true, I have cruised at 100 and it’s actually quite amazing how well these cruise at that speed. My only complaint is the cruise control is appalling.

Reactions: r2m
While that’s 100% true, I have cruised at 100 and it’s actually quite amazing how well these cruise at that speed. My only complaint is the cruise control is appalling.
I agree. I hit the "up" lever to increase my cruise control speed, and it's either very sluggish or I have to tap it a bunch of times to get it to accelerate. It's usually easier to just pedal throttle up to the speed I want and then hit cruise "on".
Once on, it does a pretty good job of keeping my speed.
Still wish I had dynamic cruise control for those two lane highways and the person in front in their two year old car still doesn't know how to use cruise control and just throttles up and down ±5 mph. :rage:

I agree. I hit the "up" lever to increase my cruise control speed, and it's either very sluggish or I have to tap it a bunch of times to get it to accelerate. It's usually easier to just pedal throttle up to the speed I want and then hit cruise "on".
Once on, it does a pretty good job of keeping my speed.
Still wish I had dynamic cruise control for those two lane highways and the person in front in their two year old car still doesn't know how to use cruise control and just throttles up and down ±5 mph. :rage:
This hasn't been fixed in 2022 lol

I swear there's random times were the transmission gets drunk and just constantly shifts from 6th to 5th to 4th to 5th to 4th to 6th to 5th and so on. Usually it's accelerating up a hill with cruise on. Then I cancel cruise and just yell at it "STOP WEARING OUT YOUR CLUTCH PACKS" as I settle it back into 6th and carry on.

Yeah I've never had mine over 80, nor do I plan on it. I have other vehicles that are actually safe at that speed should I want to go that fast. Usually I'm in a cruisin' and relaxed mood in the GX. The Miata is so happy at 90 and can still out-maneuver and out-brake the GX going a lower speed. The Ducati loves cruising at 95, it can sit right there until the end of time if it didn't get 26 MPG with 3.5 gallons to work with (that is HORRENDOUS for a motorcycle). My last Duc was fully-fared and had nearly half the power as my current one, but sitting at 105 was just so delightful. Every vehicle has its sweet spot where the engine, aero, and suspension all seem to be in tune with each other. For me with the GX it just happens to be at 73 MPH indicated.

Absolutely agree. Upper UCA's will help in several areas:
  1. More room for larger coils.
  2. Ability to move caster forward to help keep your tires from rubbing on the body mounts.
  3. Better articulation.
  4. Keep tires from rubbing on UCA's
  5. Driving experience.
On our trip to Main (from So. Cal), my rig, fully loaded handled GREAT! Even with Texas 80 mph speed limits! (I don't usually like traveling that fast)
To clarify, he said he kept the stock UCA's.

This hasn't been fixed in 2022 lol

I swear there's random times were the transmission gets drunk and just constantly shifts from 6th to 5th to 4th to 5th to 4th to 6th to 5th and so on. Usually it's accelerating up a hill with cruise on. Then I cancel cruise and just yell at it "STOP WEARING OUT YOUR CLUTCH PACKS" as I settle it back into 6th and carry on.

Yeah I've never had mine over 80, nor do I plan on it. I have other vehicles that are actually safe at that speed should I want to go that fast. Usually I'm in a cruisin' and relaxed mood in the GX. The Miata is so happy at 90 and can still out-maneuver and out-brake the GX going a lower speed. The Ducati loves cruising at 95, it can sit right there until the end of time if it didn't get 26 MPG with 3.5 gallons to work with (that is HORRENDOUS for a motorcycle). My last Duc was fully-fared and had nearly half the power as my current one, but sitting at 105 was just so delightful. Every vehicle has its sweet spot where the engine, aero, and suspension all seem to be in tune with each other. For me with the GX it just happens to be at 73 MPH indicated.
You're making me miss my "supersport" bikes. My last bike was a Gixer, and yeah, I could wind that up to 80 or 90 and tuck in behind the windscreen and just cruise!

My last Duc was fully-fared and had nearly half the power as my current one, but sitting at 105 was just so delightful.

I demo rode both the Ducati Enduro and KTM 1260's. The power was sickening. Typical 150+ HP liter sport bike power in an upright adventure bike. I settled for a Super Tenere. Happy I did.

Yeah I've never had mine over 80, nor do I plan on it. I have other vehicles that are actually safe at that speed should I want to go that fast. Usually I'm in a cruisin' and relaxed mood in the GX. The Miata is so happy at 90 and can still out-maneuver and out-brake the GX going a lower speed.

My Miata is 5,000 RPM at 80 lol. More if it's dark and the headlights are up.

I demo rode both the Ducati Enduro and KTM 1260's. The power was sickening. Typical 150+ HP liter sport bike power in an upright adventure bike. I settled for a Super Tenere. Happy I did.
The Tenere is an awesome bike, if you can find them and the dealers don't want to bend you over. I'm looking into getting the Tracer 9 GT after school. I love that CP3 engine, and it comes in red!
My Miata is 5,000 RPM at 80 lol. More if it's dark and the headlights are up.
NA problems lol
NA problems indeed. ND FTW!

1659638845790.png

Thank everyone sharing pics of LCDC 8. I’m just here starring at the monitor and see how much fun I miss out. ;)

The Tenere is an awesome bike, if you can find them and the dealers don't want to bend you over. I'm looking into getting the Tracer 9 GT after school. I love that CP3 engine, and it comes in red!

NA problems indeed. ND FTW!

View attachment 3077524
Man, the GX + Miata community is strong. Probably more of that combo than anything else...

(I'm part of the club)

I've had mine since 2018 and it was dirt cheap. Brand new 2017 Super Tenere ES for under 12K. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever swung a leg over. The Tracer 9 is interesting and another solid choice for reliability.

Man, the GX + Miata community is strong. Probably more of that combo than anything else...

We have a local Miata performance shop that makes these cars into monsters!!

I've had mine since 2018 and it was dirt cheap. Brand new 2017 Super Tenere ES for under 12K. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever swung a leg over. The Tracer 9 is interesting and another solid choice for reliability.

We have a local Miata performance shop that makes these cars into monsters!!

Oh man, MM rules. Between them, Flyin' Miata, and GWR, it's easy to get sucked into spending $$$$$ on a $$$$ car, haha.

Ha-ha! And I come from having Porsche's! There's a money pit! But oooohhhh, the fun!!

I recently found a porsche mod company that does the same as flyin miata and mm. LS & K2 swapping old porches. In case you wanted more money pitting ;)
I had almost considered that with my 914, not that company, they weren't around at the time but swapping out a non-Porsche engine. But instead went with a built Porsche 2.0 Liter engine, 911 brakes and suspension. It was literally like a street legal go-cart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom