Builds Thed's Mod Journal ('22 GX460) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

in their 40's they were seeing that although they were making good money, they're bodies were starting to feel the decades of physical labor.
^ This

I feel like an 80 year old physically sometimes.

Reactions: r2m
^ This

I feel like an 80 year old physically sometimes.
I'm only 27, but when I get up in the morning I sound like that bag of popcorn after you take it out of the microwave and get those last few "pop...pop.......pop pop pop pop...pops" when you shake the bag. My knees are going to be shot before I hit 40 if I keep it up like this.

I'm only 27, but when I get up in the morning I sound like that bag of popcorn after you take it out of the microwave and get those last few "pop...pop.......pop pop pop pop...pops" when you shake the bag. My knees are going to be shot before I hit 40 if I keep it up like this.
Sounds like me. Arthritis in shoulders, knees, ankles and hip in my mid 20s. Now I’m my 40s, ugh s*** is messed up!

Anyway I digress, haha.

Same boat. Never took care of my body when I played sports on varsity teams. Now I'm a sack of broken at age 40. Haha.

Same here... turned 31 not long ago, but my body feel like it's 55+ years old with consistent (non-stop) neck, shoulder, bilateral wrists, bilateral knees, lower back on both sides, bilateral ankles, both feet plantar fasciitis, constant migraines lol sleep apnea/insomnia too. Done countless physical therapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic w/ home exercises/stretching too with no improvement.

LOL. You young whipper snappers crack me up. Wait until you’re an old(er) fart like me (53 years old). You’ll wish you were in your 20’s, 30’s and 40’s in a little bit of pain. 😂😂 But getting old certainly beats the alternative. 👍

Big Lexy (that's what we call her) has just been driving along. The mods are still pretty much in purgatory, but I do want to get started on the fridge project sooner rather than later. First beach trip is next weekend.

I was able to acquire a Dometic trucker fridge for free. Dude paid a grand to have a new fridge installed because.... his current one stunk. Literally a perfectly-good fridge that's only three years old, but it has a smell. Hell, I know how to take care of that.

However, the Vitrifigo fridge I bought a few months ago isn't as wide. It's the same depth and height but I was really hoping to stay slim since I also want to keep my dogs in the back. I did find out, though, that the ~$500 Vitrifigo and the ~$800 Dometic use the same exact electronics and compressor. The condenser is different, but honestly I think that the Vitrifigo's is more efficient. Just throwing both fridges in the back makes me like the additional dog space from the Vitrifigo.

What say you guys?

Really, really need to finish that fridge setup.

Starting to look at LFD crossbars, a rooftop awning, and a top box. The wind instantly broke my trusty free pop-up canopy that I've been using for years yesterday. I was bummed.

The GX did fantastic on the beach.

20220410_110729.jpg

Which beach is that? OBX? GX looks awesome. Love the red. We picked up our ‘22 back in Feb. I wasn’t particular on the exterior color (got Atomic silver) but the red and that green I’ve seen look good.
Congrats on taking the leap back into school. Mechanical Engineering isn’t too difficult. My wife is the Chemical Engineer (NC State).

Which beach is that? OBX? GX looks awesome. Love the red. We picked up our ‘22 back in Feb. I wasn’t particular on the exterior color (got Atomic silver) but the red and that green I’ve seen look good.
Congrats on taking the leap back into school. Mechanical Engineering isn’t too difficult. My wife is the Chemical Engineer (NC State).
Fort Fisher, south of Wilmington by the Aquarium.

I love the red, too. I've only ever seen one other red GX. I swear that all the others are white and silver.

Finally got around to wiring up the winch and installing the fuse box for the light bar/future mods. This was six solid hours of work to get it to this point. Making everything easy to connect/disconnect as well as making it look like not crap took all of the time.

20220622_143828.jpg

The controller for the fuse box came with the most worthless double-sided tape in the world. Other than that everything went smoothly. Can't wait to see the Diode Dynamics light bar tonight.

20220622_143845.jpg

Finally got around to wiring up the winch and installing the fuse box for the light bar/future mods. This was six solid hours of work to get it to this point. Making everything easy to connect/disconnect as well as making it look like not crap took all of the time.

View attachment 3040581

The controller for the fuse box came with the most worthless double-sided tape in the world. Other than that everything went smoothly. Can't wait to see the Diode Dynamics light bar tonight.

View attachment 3040582
Which DD light bar did you go with? I have DD fog's, dual beam driving/flood, and LOVE them. My cheap, Chinese 20" light bar, not so much...

View attachment 3040581

View attachment 3040582
Where will the compressor go?? :p

Really, really need to finish that fridge setup.

Starting to look at LFD crossbars, a rooftop awning, and a top box. The wind instantly broke my trusty free pop-up canopy that I've been using for years yesterday. I was bummed.

The GX did fantastic on the beach.

View attachment 2976833
I really like those Victory Stealth bumpers. Very clean and compact. Looks to improve the approach angle quite a bit. Did you get some kind of protection for the headlamp washer bottle?

Where will the compressor go?? :p
I kind of said the same thing lol. She's still under there poking her little head out.

That setup has proven to be amazing. I'm absolutely in love with how it turned out. It's no ARB dual compressor, but it's quiet, quick enough, and fit that space perfectly.

That red looks so good in the sun. Kind of wish I'd waited a little for a red or a blue one, but oh well.
It's damn pretty in the sun when it's clean. All of my vehicles are red so Claret Mica was a must for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom