The Ultimate BBQ Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

12 lb brisket for a birthday party last weekend.

PXL_20210814_023357358.jpg

Anyone here cooking in the American Royal? Really looking forward to this one...

Another smoker session at my lake house:

20210828_104004.jpg

Did four hours of smoke, wrapped them up in foil, tossed in a 230 degree oven for five hours. I've been trying to avoid sugar, so I made up a rub using some Swerve brown and Swerve white 'faux-sugar' (erythritol). Pulled it all apart (both bones came out clean), and then made up some pulled pork burritos using a keto friendly tortilla.

Turned out good, and a bonus: The wife liked it.

Last edited:
Our comp team, Ques Yer Daddy competed in the most recent American Royal World Series of BBQ comp last weekend. Out of 470+ teams we landed in the top 100 at 95. Not a bad show for our first run... Some pics of our turn in... We removed the paper on the rib box, were pretty close on turn in so no time for perdy pics.

Brisket.jpg

Chicken.jpg

Pork.jpg

Ribs.jpg

Nicely done, I cooked 12 pounder week ago and did burnt ends also. I would love to get a Wagyu brisket and give it a shot. Used Head Country sauce to finish the burnt ends and dang those are like candy!

Watched little BBQ show today and Memphis in May winner (think in 2021) won it cooking with the Gateway Drum smoker. I have cooked both high and fast and low and slow and typically can't tell difference. However the Drum if high and fast only but apparently made some good Q! Won the whole hog with one of the larger drums. Don't think wife will allow me to Q arsenal

About a 5lb plate of short ribs for dinner tonight.

20230117_105748.jpg
20230117_112323.jpg
16739798781845053766037107283984.jpg

Ribs are resting, wrapped up in butcher paper, pepperjack Mac and cheese soaking up some smoke now.

20230117_161433.jpg
20230117_161600.jpg

Do the short ribs come out tender like baby back ribs? They look great!
Like brisket on a bone.

I'm not a real fan of ribs, baby backs just aren't my thing. Short ribs on the other hand are stacked with meat. I bet there's over a pound of brisket like beef on each bone.

What's the story with the oysters? What am I missing? Am confused by your pics
The oysters were dipped into flour with some seasoning and grilled.
It's was part of a special meal that I made for my wife and myself.
The moose was shot the year before.
It's just a combo that we enjoy. 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom