The stork is on its way! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
This fj60 came up for sale via @fj80toyman the other day, and I quickly commented on it being a good buy. Dan was one of the very first to buy a rack from me and has been very supportive as well. I couldn't quit thinking about his 60 and that I would really like to buy it. After all, I'm totally bored and have nothing to do :wtf: .

Insanity aside, I pulled the trigger and Dan has been awesome helping getting it down the road. I sort of jumped the gun and set up shipping right away, thinking it would take a few days to pick up. Not so, and as a matter of fact, my bank check arrived literally minutes before the truck got there to pick up.

She will need lots of baseline work and sprucing up (as I was informed) but it really is a cool truck with the patina it has. I also have a ton of really decent parts from my other 60 I am restoring so they will go on the new truck to make it a nice driver.

Ideally, a road trip would have made a great story but I couldn't make it happen so shipping is happening. My last truck I had shipped didn't go so wonderful so fingers crossed!

Here are a few of the pics. We shall see where it goes from here!
26562.jpeg
LF_Corner.JPG

I know this is in good hands, excited to see where you take it! A little anxious til it actually arrives tbh...

I know this is in good hands, excited to see where you take it! A little anxious til it actually arrives tbh...
Me too, but it is what it is.

Looks like a cool truck for an as-is driver.
That's what I was thinking too. Apply some preservation tricks a-la @wngrog. I have decent seats, a dash pad cover, lots of interior pieces, 62 mirrors, good bumpers, other exterior trim pieces as needed, different wheels, a good windshield, light lenses, etc. I'm just going to spruce it up and go from there.

I also expect to do the mechanical basine items too like front axle, oil leaks, possible desmog, u-joints, etc.

So I am going to take this as a sign that this 60 was meant to happen : I had an extra passenger front door from my other 60, "Chunk" that is taking forever to get done. @Trapper50cal gave it to me to replace the damaged one on Chunk. As it turned out I fixed the door that I had and forgot all about the replacement. I remembered it today and it is even 8B4 blue! The right front and rear doors on the new 60 are damaged and while they would be a pretty easy fix, I am more concerned with matching patina of the original paint. If anyone has a solid, nicely faded right rear door in 8B4 blue, I would be very interested.

I am planning on replacing the tires on my 40 so I bought some Maxxis Razr M/T tires in 33x10.50-15 (thanks @wngrog for the info) and powder coated my extra wheels. I am thinking these might go on the 60, at least for a while to see how the steelies and caps look is on it.
20200126_121150.jpg

Last edited:
Nice buy Pat. It’s a great starting point. Chunk? 40? This? SAS4? Buddy is probably thinking you got him 4 grey frisbees🤣🤣🤣

Nice buy Pat. It’s a great starting point. Chunk? 40? This? SAS4? Buddy is probably thinking you got him 4 grey frisbees🤣🤣🤣
Don't know yet on SAS4. I gotta drive Chunk but 40's for 4 is hard to pass up. I don't think I will be that ready with this truck by then. I can't give it a ton of time because I still want Chunk done. And a few more right behind it

And no alcohol was involved in the decision to buy so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I am planning on replacing the tires on my 40 so I bought some Maxxis Razr M/T tires in 33x10.50-15 (thanks @wngrog for the info) and powder coated my extra wheels. I am thinking these might go on the 60, at least for a while to see how the steelies and caps look is on it.
View attachment 2193511

Looks like your dog has his own opinion !

So I am going to take this as a sign that this 60 was meant to happen : I had an extra passenger front door from my other 60, "Chunk" that is taking forever to get done. @Trapper50cal gave it to me to replace the damaged one on Chunk. As it turned out I fixed the door that I had and forgot all about the replacement. I remembered it today and it is even 8B4 blue! The right front and rear doors on the new 60 are damaged and while they would be a pretty easy fix, I am more concerned with matching patina of the original paint. If anyone has a solid, nicely faded right rear door in 8B4 blue, I would be very interested.
@CenTXFJ60

Last edited:
Looks like your dog has his own opinion !
I noticed the "expression" on his face in the pic after I posted. Pretty sure he thinks I have a problem!

I got plates and title switched over today and the truck showed up tonight. @Ocho77 came over and helped me work on my lx470 parts truck then when the 60 showed, we quick swapped on the new Maxxis Razr 33x10.50-15 tires on powder coated 40 series wheels with new caps.

She looked good before but looks great after.

Here is the transporter arrival picture
20200129_215951.jpg

20200129_220648.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom