The Sideyard '78. Tom's FJ40 story........... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SW20 thanks! It is a 4Plus Products carrier, Dave Gore makes them-he is on mud @lcwizard

It is VERY heavy, when I removed it once, the ride height on my rear end went up a solid inch! Seriously. It is extremely well built, no rattles ever...................

Pics of my hardtop, think I need to re-seal my gutters and maybe re-do/spray the top
Top1.jpg
Top2.jpg

Yes Dave I bought Randy's '78................ Dave the quality of your stuff is amazing as are the gorgeous welds on my reverse shackle front mount;):beer:

Worked using the Roloc wheel @overton reccomended, don't know how I would clean up the underside of top without it!!!!
Top3.jpg

Jump forward, healiner completed
Headliner3.jpg

Hardtop installed with all new OEM gaskets, I had myself and three others to help with alignment. This was not easy but came out fantastic. I lightly and evenly tightened all bolts and will gradually tighten them up more over the next few days. I want to achieve even pressure and hopefully even gasket compression............What was interesting and quite frustrating is when the little front corner gaskets did not want to stay put. I had to loosen bolts and re-insert them, used shortened golf tees as locators. That is the ticket. All Cruiser Corps SS hardware.
Top1.jpg
Top2.jpg
Top3.jpg
Top4.jpg
Top5.jpg

Now onwards with ambulance door refurb and new weatherstripping there as well............................

Ambi doors restored and on, so show time! At my neighbors encouraging I put my '78 in our annual car show at Stoneridge in Prescott Valley.
Carshow3.jpg
Carshow2.jpg
Carshow1.jpg

Tie rod ends installed. 555 kit from Kurt @cruiseroutfit and put in zerk fittings and greased up as well.

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

Aligned and everything is nice and tight now:beer:

IMG_1017.JPG
Installed tranny to transfer case bypass hose-piece of mind.

IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1036.JPG
A nice trip out to an area North of Sedona with great views looking down on the Red Rocks and lots of Ponderosa Pines as well.

I am shocked how capable the new SR5 4WD is.

IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG
Installed front upper door packing from Rog @Racer65 a big thanks the rear repro's fitment is excellent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom