The Sideyard '78. Tom's FJ40 story........... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This vehicle was found in the sideyard of a cruiser owners Chandler home. Pics and lots more story to come-stay tuned!

This vehicle was found in the sideyard of a cruiser owners Chandler home.

so it was previously owned by a cruiser owner you say??

If there's no pics, there's nothing.

:)

Just nickname him Tom The Tease, TTT for short!

Dont worry pics are coming................

Should we move your thread to chit chat as well ginmtb?????????????????

It had been sitting for seven years so I knew it would need plenty of love.....................my journey was just begining! It left previous owners place on a flatbead off to have 2F engine rebuilt. I especially like the beer bumper sticker, and the fact there was NO rust under it-lol!!!
Sideyard1.jpg
SIdeyard2.jpg
Sideyard3.jpg

Took like 4 weeks to get her back from engine rebuilders in Mesa. When she came back she ran and started very easily-but ran really rough and the rear end axles literally almost came out of the housing with loud bangs several times on my hundred mile drive up to mile high and back home. Then she was finally in my garage. I knew much more work was going to be needed...............

And YES the bezel was upside down which is really unexcusable as the previous owner was very active in the local Landcruiser club-I really can't take the ribbing on this one as I didn't own it yet!!!!

Getting ready for the hardtop install; so today began the fun of scraping off 38 year old door seals........................ Are these the right tools for the job? Took like 4 hours to get the door surface nice and clean. How much of the black adhesive should be used when applying the new door seals? Will put up more pics..............
Doorseals1.jpg

@tstepp will do Rick has been a great help with MANY of my projects!

Those are the plastic levers for removing trim without damaging paint and the like, a metal scraper and a bit of care will do a better job !

Yes it was slow going with the scrapers......does every single remnant of adhesive have to be gone? Very clean surface but one corner has an area with some of the black stuff still on. I was going to use the 3M Black adhesive; will post up a pic of the product I was planning on using.

Once I'd got most of it off the new one went right on top no problem with adhesion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom