The "Official" FJ25 Wiring Harness Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A pic to brighten your day:
Fully terminated, and load tested 1960 FJ25 main cowl harness, bib harness, turn signal dash harness and generator harness! Built with striped wire and has the fuse block wiring mods ie Turn signal circuit is now on a separate fuse as is the horn circuit. I cleaned up the OEM switches and fuse block and tested them. They all work including the turn signal flasher! That one surprised me... Also wired in the optional radio wire to the Acc position on the keyswitch. That comes with a separate fuse holder pigtail for the radio.

IMG_3667W.jpg

IMG_3693W.jpg
IMG_3694W.jpg

Thanks Archie!

Well guys, there you have it! An almost complete NEW harness set for a 1960 FJ25! (Except for the rear chassis harness. and waiting for some kind soul to measure the hole in the headlight bucket so I can locate a grommet to fit...)
What you see is the main cowl harness, the bib harness, the generator harness, headlight sub-harnesses, turn indicator light harness and the gauge cluster harness. I rewired the fuse panel to have the turn and horn circuits on their own fuse. If one were to use the later 6 circuit fuse panel that bolts right in, you would have a spare fuse.

This is Mikes harness set so don't be getting any ideas of buying it out from under him! ;)

Mark aka Coolerman

Well guys, there you have it! An almost complete NEW harness set for a 1960 FJ25! (Except for the rear chassis harness. and waiting for some kind soul to measure the hole in the headlight bucket so I can locate a grommet to fit..)

Looks like its 1/2"
IMG_7730.jpg

Call it 13mm :D

I think I have found a suitable replacement for the grommet in the head light bucket for the sub-harness. I have a sample on the way. If they work I will make them available on the web site.
Grommet16202.jpg

I have determined, to the best of my knowledge, that there is no difference between the hard top and soft top versions of the rear chassis harnesses. At least for the two 1960 FJ25 rear chassis harnesses I have!

Due to the fact that the two harnesses I received were both missing the drivers side tail light connections, and had just stubs sticking out for the gas tank sending unit wires, I had to extrapolate, or "fill in" the sections based on early FJ40 rear harnesses that I have that are fully intact. Hopefully they are identical.

These FJ25 harnesses have the separate GW brake light wire for the trailer connection, but unlike the FJ40, do not have the bullet connectors that allow for connection to the switch, just a single female bullet connector.

I went ahead and built one for the person that sent the harnesses to me. Once he has verified that the harness is indeed correct, I will make them available to everyone. Will try to get some pics tonight.

OK, you 1960 FJ25 owners. I have the remains of a license light sub harness that is OEM. It has two wires: Green/Red and White/Black. The light end apparently had two female bullet connectors. Ground and power to the light. The light appears to have had a ground wire soldered to the bulb socket leading to a male bullet that would have plugged into the sub-harness.

What I need to know next, in order to build new ones, is total overall length of this sub harness and where the ground wire terminated on the other end. Since the rear chassis harness does not have a ground wire, I am assuming that ground wire would have had a ring terminal that was placed under a bolt somewhere but where? Maybe the tail light bracket? And how long was the ground wire from the end of the protective vinyl tube on that end of the sub-harness?

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question!

Mark aka Coolerman

Ground wire for the license light was a ring terminal that was bolted to the body on the bottom edge of the inner fender, about 6" from the back. I'll see if I can find a pic. Believe that the tail lights were three wire and grounded the same place.

Bumping this back to the top.

Jim, if you can get that pic and or a measurement of the length of that wire three people that I have built rear chassis harnesses for would appreciate it! That's the only thing preventing me from mailing these out!

Disregard the harness itself and the smoodge of asphalt, at the time it it was more expedient for me to recreate the back with a square 4 wire connector on both sides. But the white wire is landed at the factory ground location (same on both sides). At the moment, don't feel well enough to walk the 50 yds to the shop for a measurement. I'll see if I have an old pic of the original connection but it was a ring terminal.
IMG_0633.jpg

Original ground termination location (inverted tub) same on both sides.
IMG_0834.JPG

Another (the last 6" of my tubs seem to just disappear over time).:hillbilly:
0661006.jpg

0661006 (11).jpg

Well that helps! That shows me the ring terminal needs to be a 6mm. Next I would like to see someones truck that actually has all that wiring in place to get a better idea about how it was routed.

What I did was make the ground wire about 12" long and left it un-terminated. The owner can cut to fit their truck, then terminate with an included ring terminal and heat shrink.

Let me know if you need any more photos. The Cruiser is 15' from me right now.

The license plate light wire route was a guess by me, it didn't exist when I got the Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom