The Honey Badger (Story/Build of my FJ62) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dafaqqqq

You really can’t win dude - between the missing bolts, long bolts and now that. YIKES
That extra starter pocket was bugging me. Now I remember why. It's nowhere to be seen on the photos Quickdraw shows on their webstore for the bellhousing..... one of these is not like the other one... frustrating. View attachment 2723951View attachment 2723955

Dafaqqqq

You really can’t win dude - between the missing bolts, long bolts and now that. YIKES
Yeah. I mean, I can make it all work, but with extra work. Kinda sucks when you shell out good money expecting (and really needing) a nice time saving solution, and you end up having to chop it up and weld it anyway. Could have used a free GM one if that's what I wanted to do.

There is a spot in the crank for the smaller truck style bearing that comes with the typical clutch kit, and also the larger LS3 sealed bearing which seats farther out (like $12 for AC delco one online.) By some rough head scratching it should work perfectly fine. Not sure why you'd need an adapter to run a Jeep pilot bearing as they say on the webstore. Maybe it's cut a and paste mistake from some Jeep conversion bellhousing that uses a Jeep trans with a different input shaft diameter I suppose.
20210706_225258.jpg
20210706_225304.jpg

Last edited:
I would contact them and see if they shipped you the wrong SKU, especially since it only complicates your build.
They did get right back to me and explained that they have updated that part and not the website photo yet. They also assured me trimming that pocket for the exhaust is a non-issue. That didn't really bug me much, was just kinda frustrated about a couple things at once. They are trying to meet the needs and wants of people with all kinds of one-off situations. "Universal Custom" parts if you will. I set myself up for frustration with my self imposed timeline here. I would have preferred the one in the picture but I am still super happy with this belhousing vs. the alternative.

No progress this weekend. 80 mph wind rearranged priorities Friday night, along with 4.5" of rain in the span of maybe 2 hours.
IMG_20210710_082501_466.jpg

20210710_081009.jpg

IMG_20210710_082501_425.jpg

IMG_20210710_082501_307.jpg

20210710_142901.jpg

Last edited:
We were fortunate. Only minor damage to the house that I can find. My buddy a couple miles away wasn't so lucky. Spent some time today helping pick up the mess. Pieces scattered way down the road. They weren't home at the time thankfully.
20210711_130058.jpg

20210711_130104.jpg
20210711_141348.jpg

This piece cut through this branch probably 500 yards away. The fenceline there stopped a bunch of debris, but it is scattered beyond as well.
20210711_140758.jpg

20210711_130520.jpg

Today has been the first day all week I got anything done on this. Between a washing machine re-build and feeling lile total crap all week it just hasn't happened.

Although my transfer case didn't have many miles since overhaul, the output shaft bearings were not looking so hot. Some may say this is "normal" wear but I don't want to reassemble them in this state. Called Georg and had what I needed the next business day.
20210708_201804.jpg

It's mostly buttoned up now aside from the switches and shortening the shifter rod, which I'll do once I swing it into the truck and see where everything lands. The tailshaft cover is from Jags That Run and has a threaded tone ring that replaces the stock nut, feeding a GM VSS.
20210714_204134.jpg

I also got in my AC and PS hoses from Mosley Motors, those will be time savers for sure and look to be top notch quality.

We were fortunate. Only minor damage to the house that I can find. My buddy a couple miles away wasn't so lucky. Spent some time today helping pick up the mess. Pieces scattered way down the road. They weren't home at the time thankfully. View attachment 2728560
View attachment 2728562View attachment 2728563

This piece cut through this branch probably 500 yards away. The fenceline there stopped a bunch of debris, but it is scattered beyond as well.
View attachment 2728564

View attachment 2728565

Holy crap! Hope everyone was ok

Today has been the first day all week I got anything done on this. Between a washing machine re-build and feeling lile total crap all week it just hasn't happened.

Although my transfer case didn't have many miles since overhaul, the output shaft bearings were not looking so hot. Some may say this is "normal" wear but I don't want to reassemble them in this state. Called Georg and had what I needed the next business day.
View attachment 2731567
It's mostly buttoned up now aside from the switches and shortening the shifter rod, which I'll do once I swing it into the truck and see where everything lands. The tailshaft cover is from Jags That Run and has a threaded tone ring that replaces the stock nut, feeding a GM VSS.
View attachment 2731631

I also got in my AC and PS hoses from Mosley Motors, those will be time savers for sure and look to be top notch quality.
AC baby, putting you MILES AHEAD of @Rockymtnreaper and @mattressking

Im surprised you actually bought that JTR setup :lol:

So, I just read your thread title as “horny badger” and I think you should change it. Just throwing that out there.

Im surprised you actually bought that JTR setup :lol:
It's a better solution than anything else available. Sure you could cut a 40 tooth wheel and sandwich it on the drive flange and mount a sensor for a lot cheaper, but I don't have time to do that. It's simple, serviceable, well built, and tucked out of the way. I also bought hoses from Cam that I could do cheaper, but having a complete, quality kit that saves me time is worth a lot. Same for engine mounts.

Last edited:
So, I just read your thread title as “horny badger” and I think you should change it. Just throwing that out there.
Epic. The wife got a good laugh out of that one. Maybe I'll get a vinyl shop to cut that out in old English font and out it across the top of my windshield in 6" letters. 🤔

It's a better solution than anything else available. Sure you could cut a 40 tooth wheel and sandwich it on the drive flange and mount a sensor for a lot cheaper, but I don't have time to do that. It's simple, serviceable, well built, and tucked out of the way. I also bought hoses from Cam that I could do cheaper, but having a complete, quality kit that saves me time is worth a lot. Same for engine mounts.

Just for the future or anyone else reading.. it doesn’t have to be 40 tooth for a manual trans. It can be anything. Next one I’m going to tap the sensor into the side of the t case and use the Pto gear

Just for the future or anyone else reading.. it doesn’t have to be 40 tooth for a manual trans. It can be anything. Next one I’m going to tap the sensor into the side of the t case and use the Pto gear
Yes there are lots of ways to skin the cat. An even better option would be convert the speed signal from the OEM speedo and feed it over to the pcm. Again, not a lot of time to screw with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom