The Great ONSC Gun Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If that information is actually on the receiver it's a Colt SP1 circa 1977.

Yup. I’ll take it then. Haha.

I’ve been heavily consuming. Take the above comment as a “maybe”.

Many moons ago, I was in a national guard armory inventorying all the weapons. I was surprised to see many of the M-16s actually had plastics, manufactured and stamped with the label from Mattel , the toy company.

Yup. I’ll take it then. Haha.

I’ve been heavily consuming. Take the above comment as a “maybe”.
Whew. Glad someone caved before me (maybe). Sucker for a birth year possession

Wanted to thank the ones who offered help with identifying the 15 and offering suggestions. This has always been a great group of people.
Best
Shane
I may have other ITEMS to display soon.

@jfz80 the bourbon was talking through me last night. I have to regretfully pass on such a cool piece of history. Get it so I can shoot it. I have a few 55 grain pills.

Picked up this from my BIL for dirt cheap. Nothing amazing but he threw in $200 with of ammo also.

SD40VE

20230709_141137.jpg

I know a guy with an mcx virtus in 300/5.56. 300 blk and 7.62 are quite different rounds. Without looking, I’d be surprised if sig made the spear in 300 blk.

Don’t they make it in their 224 Valkyrie or whatever round they made up? 277 fury or some such mess?
The 277 Furry is gonna be the civilian 6.8x51 that is used in the non LT Spear. They make a 300 blk for there small barrel MCX. After some thought im leaning more toward the 716i which is a 308 round

The 277 Furry is gonna be the civilian 6.8x51 that is used in the non LT Spear. They make a 300 blk for there small barrel MCX. After some thought im leaning more toward the 716i which is a 308 round
I don’t know about their long guns, but have seen a lot of people complaining of their 320 handguns AD’ing. A LOT. Others are complaining about their optics recently taking a dive. I can’t say the same about my sig cheap optics, but cannot speak to the trustworthiness of their pistols.

Try to find one to shoot before taking the plunge on your 716. Does the “I” indicate DI vs piston? If you’re looking for accuracy, the piston may prove detrimental.

I don’t know about their long guns, but have seen a lot of people complaining of their 320 handguns AD’ing. A LOT. Others are complaining about their optics recently taking a dive. I can’t say the same about my sig cheap optics, but cannot speak to the trustworthiness of their pistols.

Try to find one to shoot before taking the plunge on your 716. Does the “I” indicate DI vs piston? If you’re looking for accuracy, the piston may prove detrimental.
The old models were piston, new are DI. Ive heard the same about the 320 but I've had a 226 for awhile and its bern great.

check what they're SELLING for on gunbroker for a rough idea. There's a couple forums for NC firearms you could check out, but last I saw they charged for classified postings. Which isn't ideal given their limited reach. GB is great for the potential buyer pool, but also requires FFL, shipping, fees, etc.
Any idea on pricing this.
The gun looks to be never shot. Barrel is perfect.
Thanks for any help. View attachment 3416065View attachment 3416066

check what they're SELLING for on gunbroker for a rough idea. There's a couple forums for NC firearms you could check out, but last I saw they charged for classified postings. Which isn't ideal given their limited reach. GB is great for the potential buyer pool, but also requires FFL, shipping, fees, etc.
Thanks for the info. Will look on that site

Any idea on pricing this.
The gun looks to be never shot. Barrel is perfect.
Thanks for any help. View attachment 3416065View attachment 3416066
Looks like MSRP is $1089. In the past for private sales I’ve gone with 80-85% of MSRP for good condition…although all those were well broken in.

Let us know what you find out if you check GB. I’m wondering what the interest is for single-stack 1911’s now with a couple new-ish double stacks hitting the market.

Looks like MSRP is $1089. In the past for private sales I’ve gone with 80-85% of MSRP for good condition…although all those were well broken in.

Let us know what you find out if you check GB. I’m wondering what the interest is for single-stack 1911’s now with a couple new-ish double stacks hitting the market.
I am learning more and more with each answer.
80-85% is putting it in the asking price.

My mom is moving closer to us and is downsizing. I was helping go through her things and found the original sales receipt from my dad’s AR-15 he bought in 1969. I don’t have the rifle…it was designated for my brother after dad passed away, but I’m going to make sure he gets this. $182 out the door…converts to about $1500 with inflation. Pretty hefty price tag for a college student back then. Apparently he bought it with money he was saving to buy an engagement ring for a girl in TX. His roommate convinced him to dump her and buy the rifle…I’m glad he listened.

71926540383__4DA18322-DEC1-4F8C-9B8F-28001A87449D.jpeg

Calling all mil-surp geeks...
Why is this M1 Garand so special?

20231021_230153.jpg

20231021_230235.jpg

20231021_230351.jpg

20231021_230449.jpg

A few more details

20231021_231229.jpg

20231021_231343.jpg

20231021_231430.jpg

20231021_231551.jpg