The Great ONSC Gun Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use this guy to keep squirrels in check. He likes harassing Chet the ground hog as well.
Sam squirel killer.jpg

This is Chesnee Chet, he lives in the hedge row

301971523_420543723391565_2621333065098595450_n.jpg

Last edited:
The two pass around things at the Reefmonkey Day of Shenanigans.

The mauser has been shot by about 150 to 170 people since I started taking it to the range. 5 generations of my family have shot it, so it wont leave our possession. single shot, bolt action, 26ish inch barrel.

The marlin is a model 99m1, uses a 60 action, 16 or 18 inch barrel, and a walnut stock and foreend to mimic an m1. It's a tack driver.

Both require standard velocity ammo to shoot tight groups. High velocity And hyper velocity 22lr goes all over the place due to the speed and rate of twist.

20230129_113229.jpg

20230129_113055.jpg

I only shot the mauser but it was a hoot.

This that have shot the Mauser
I got a break-action .177 air rifle off Amazon and that thing was LOUD... too loud to shoot in the neighborhood without raising suspicion. I ordered a Benjamin Marauder in .22 and LOVE it. So accurate and SO quiet. Love to plink in the backyard with it... and it has helped keep erratic squirrel behavior at bay by thinning the population down.

So I went down a rabbit hole and now need one of these. How do you recharge…I know the options but was curious as to real world experience and how that works. I’d love to buy a high pressure pump but some of them are MONEY.

I went with the Yong Heng from Amazon. I hated to spend another $300 but I had heard horror stories about hand pumping or constantly getting a tank filled. After the initial investment, it's $6 for 500 rounds so it's dirt cheap plinking.
I've easily dispatched squirrels and possums very humanely and the .22lr steel spinner targets are a hoot to shoot.

The compressor is water cooled so that's a bit of a hassle but I only fill every other month or so, so not too bad. It has worked flawlessly and I love the Benjamin Marauder as well.

Incredible fun for backyard plinking and very accurate out to my 70yd space. Happy to share anything else if you have any more questions. Good luck!!

Yong Heng High Pressure Air Compressor Pump, 30Mpa 110V Electric Air Pump PCP Air Compressor for Airgun Scuba Rifle https://a.co/d/hOKyWGf

Benjamin Marauder fan here in .22. Great plinker for the tree rats that eat the bird feeders. The feeders by golly, not the seed.

Watch closely. The hunter closest to the edge of the field catches the pheasant in his hunting vest as it falls without breaking his stride.

19 pages of sportsman auction in Lynchburg, VA. This guy must have had one of everything...

17,000 rounds of cci minimags???? If they were standard velocity, I may have had to make a road trip.

EDIT: I post this assuming that the reader is aware of the North Carolina requirement to purchase a pistol purchase permit from their county sheriff (by undergoing a background check) before they are legally allowed to purchase a firearm (and undergo another background check). I know we get some folks reading this from other parts of the country and world.

Good riddance to the pistol purchase permit. Funny how I have never once seen any mention of just how many permits were denied using the "good moral character" clause.

EDIT: I post this assuming that the reader is aware of the North Carolina requirement to purchase a pistol purchase permit from their county sheriff (by undergoing a background check) before they are legally allowed to purchase a firearm (and undergo another background check). I know we get some folks reading this from other parts of the country and world.

Good riddance to the pistol purchase permit. Funny how I have never once seen any mention of just how many permits were denied using the "good moral character" clause.

Great news. This process in wake county was complete nonsense.

I hope the federal background check gets better. We don't need another Las Vegas situation.

Edit: not that the above has anything to do with Pistol Permits . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom