The Gentleman (79 fj40) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Norman, you have mad skills. You give me hope I can one day turn my rust bucket 79 FJ40 into something not so rusted out. Did you fab all those patch panels yourself, or purchase from other vendors, and make work? To answer your question from post #33. There will always be a more limited market for anything 79+, because of how few of the later trucks made it here. And those that did, many are complete rust buckets because of the thinner sheet metal Toyota used when they produced them. So many have already been scrapped. However, It looks like beyond that, you created your own rear bumper and the rear leaf spring shackle mount plate, based on your CAD screen shot. If you have the tools to easily design, cut, and bend parts like this, you will have a market to sell to here. :beer:

That dash handle bar looks great. Is it billet aluminum, or 3D printed? Does it mount to the stock holes, and is it something that's available for purchase?

Thanks.
Hey I apologize for the late response. The OS bar is a billet pieces that does mount to the stock holes in the dash. We are currently waiting to get it back from machining. We did print a 3D version to be able to test fit. I’d love to be able to sale them. We are currently trying to come up with a price to be able to offer them.

Norman, you have mad skills. You give me hope I can one day turn my rust bucket 79 FJ40 into something not so rusted out. Did you fab all those patch panels yourself, or purchase from other vendors, and make work? To answer your question from post #33. There will always be a more limited market for anything 79+, because of how few of the later trucks made it here. And those that did, many are complete rust buckets because of the thinner sheet metal Toyota used when they produced them. So many have already been scrapped. However, It looks like beyond that, you created your own rear bumper and the rear leaf spring shackle mount plate, based on your CAD screen shot. If you have the tools to easily design, cut, and bend parts like this, you will have a market to sell to here. :beer:
Thanks for answering the post in post #33. Kind of having second thoughts on the body mount braces as I’ve recently come across some one selling what looks to be a good product already. If someone just needed a set I’d be willing to make some. I appreciate the compliment I put a lot of work into this thing.

FINALLY!

7A0C5222-45FB-4757-A2DB-685D66B2E2FB.jpeg

F47661AB-1C64-4F6B-AC4E-D3FD2186BBA3.jpeg

1EF677FA-98B4-4656-9424-D296289B1B34.jpeg

33717939-2BE8-45D6-B343-980AC9AFB0F5.jpeg

55FEF250-72ED-4AA7-8CD1-BDADBB48EEB4.jpeg

BFF3A2FC-F06F-426B-A5A6-06BECC466CE8.jpeg

Thanks. That’s Spies Hecker but we just in the last week or so switched to Sherwin Williams

View attachment 2796777
Thanks. Actually was assuming it was base/clear but wanted to confirm. I will be struggling between base/clear and single stage for my 45 and 55 that I plan on restoring. Leaning toward single stage.

Hey I apologize for the late response. The OS bar is a billet pieces that does mount to the stock holes in the dash. We are currently waiting to get it back from machining. We did print a 3D version to be able to test fit. I’d love to be able to sale them. We are currently trying to come up with a price to be able to offer them.
Thanks. Curious what the price point will be.

Wow; awesome build and mad skills. Well done: subscribed! I’m in Clover, SC, but work in Charlotte and come through W-S. Glad to see a shop with great skills on a 40’ local.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom