79 fj40 shocks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 79 fj40. The po installed hfs 4” lift springs with 4” hfs shackles. He also reversed the front springs. It had no shocks. CCOT no longer sells the shocks that went with this package. I want to install Bilstein 5100 series shocks but do not know which ones to get. Does anyone have a simular setup that can provide Bilstein model numbers and sizes? Thanks

I recently purchased a 79 fj40. The po installed hfs 4” lift springs with 4” hfs shackles. He also reversed the front springs. It had no shocks. CCOT no longer sells the shocks that went with this package. I want to install Bilstein 5100 series shocks but do not know which ones to get. Does anyone have a simular setup that can provide Bilstein model numbers and sizes? Thanks
I have a 72 with the same HFS 4" Lift and just replaced my shocks last month with the Bilistein 5125 from City Racer, LLC. Best price I could find, and the ride was much improved over the HFS shocks that came with the kit. See the below link. I also removed one of the leaf's in my rear leaf pack which also made a nice difference in this stiff suspension.

I have a 72 with the same HFS 4" Lift and just replaced my shocks last month with the Bilistein 5125 from City Racer, LLC. Best price I could find, and the ride was much improved over the HFS shocks that came with the kit. See the below link. I also removed one of the leaf's in my rear leaf pack which also made a nice difference in this stiff suspension.

You may also want to go through the thread I started when looking to soften my suspension, see below:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom