The Farm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is all that concrete "slab" on your property....I did see some of your other comments, I was just not clear on (that's a lot of concrete)... All that might be a cover for your doomsday bunker :)

I was wondering about the water control on the ground too, but I guess its a non issue as long as the slab has some slope to it.

Nice shed setup...anyway...even without a dirt floor.

Is all that concrete "slab" on your property....I did see some of your other comments, I was just not clear on (that's a lot of concrete)... All that might be a cover for your doomsday bunker :)

I was wondering about the water control on the ground too, but I guess its a non issue as long as the slab has some slope to it.

Nice shed setup...anyway...even without a dirt floor.
Yep. Two massive old reservoirs. Almost 2 acres of concrete. It would be nice to be able to demo some of it but it turns out that would be an outrageous expense.

Another project off the list. Pallet wall in the bar. Gonna put a 65" on it. A shame to cover it up.
20201126_170450.jpg

Brought back a pair of old King Circulator wood stoves from my parents and grand parent house this weekend. Need to get some pipe and get one plumbed out so I can have some heat in the shop this winter.

20201129_121338.jpg

I have a 70,000 btu kerosene heater that has been in storage and after 2 hours and basically completely tearing it down tonight, I have less to show than when I started, so I am just going to get the stove plumbed and stack up some wood inside.

I didnt get a picture of them, but here is one I found on the internet.
unnamed (3).jpg

Last edited:
Been doing a little work in the shop. Picked up some foam board for the walls so we can start thru that process. Erin started putting the foam board up last week.

20210106_190341.jpg

Yesterday we made a run to TSC to buy some stovepipe and started the stove install. Finished it up with a hole in the wall today.

20210110_135747.jpg

Stuffed some wood in and fired'er up.

20210110_135937.jpg

20210110_142713.jpg

Still have to clean up the hole and get a proper thru wall sleeve, but we have some heat now. Makes it tolerable. 33° outside, holding around 50° inside. With more insulation and a ceiling, i think well get even more better.

Also, Erin picked her up a small saw for her to work around the farm with. We also plan to make a mount for it so it can be carried for trail clearing and other misc stuff while out and about.
IMG_3399.jpg

It cold, but I got to start getting some thing checked off so spring doesn't kick my a$$.

Been doing a little work in the shop. Picked up some foam board for the walls so we can start thru that process. Erin started putting the foam board up last week.

View attachment 2549713

Yesterday we made a run to TSC to buy some stovepipe and started the stove install. Finished it up with a hole in the wall today.

View attachment 2549716

Stuffed some wood in and fired'er up.

View attachment 2549715

View attachment 2549714

Still have to clean up the hole and get a proper thru wall sleeve, but we have some heat now. Makes it tolerable. 33° outside, holding around 50° inside. With more insulation and a ceiling, i think well get even more better.

Also, Erin picked her up a small saw for her to work around the farm with. We also plan to make a mount for it so it can be carried for trail clearing and other misc stuff while out and about.
View attachment 2549717

It cold, but I got to start getting some thing checked off so spring doesn't kick my a$$.
man, that shop looks great, I wish I had a work space like that! If it can hold 50 degrees, that's not bad!

man, that shop looks great, I wish I had a work space like that! If it can hold 50 degrees, that's not bad!

Thanks Joel. What you can't see is the stuff crammed in behind the camera...

Hopefully as we get wall sections finished out we will start to get some things cleaned and organized to make the best use of the space. There are 2 projects that need love that have been mid-project for too long. Then there is at least 1 biggie for the piggie that needs to get started when those are done.

Hey @jynx, just my 2 cents worth but if you buy the premixed Stihl fuel you'll never have any issues with your saw not wanting to start. That's all I run in my two saws, it cost a little more but to me it's money well spent. Plus it's easier to transport. Just a thought brother.

Wondered why my saw only starts every other time. Damn thing floods super easy.

I need to try this.

Just doing wench things this afternoon.

20210130_144847.jpg

Not super Farm related, but my MIL gave me a gift card for Tekton so I picked up a few more bits. Starting to get a respectable drawer. As I start shuffling things to make stuff fit, I now see why the big boys like those big super wide carts. Pretty amazing how fast real-estate starts disappearing in the drawers.

20210131_151659.jpg

Did the Kioti finally have enough of sharing the farm with the John Deere and rip it's heart of the frame? :grinpimp:

I got forks for my Kubota last month. They have been super useful.
And good choice on the US General box. Mine is way better than any of my Craftsman and far less expensive.

Finally getting some things moving inside the shop. 3 sheets up.

20210228_170530.jpg

Moving across the front from here will require trimming around the windows and doors, but seeing some progress is good motivation.

Weather is turning and Erin was able to find one this year, so we started Redneck Riviera layout this afternoon

20210314_180959.jpg

20210314_180936.jpg

The trial unit was 12' x 30", this years model is 20' x 52"... significant upgrade from last go around. Mrs Jynx has decided we will have a small patio space on the end of this one.

Earthwork will start this week most likely.

Well I hung my neon in the shop yesterday and then we worked on the redneck Rivera some more. Erin started it earlier in the week, Rian mid-week made a mud hole, so today I pumped it out and scrapped the muck off so it can dry and we can work on leveling it up.

IMG_4250.jpg

Erins start
IMG_4226.jpg

Pump time
20210411_115950.jpg

Not 100% sure if I made it better or worse at this point. We'll see tomorrow I suppose.

20210411_162817.jpg

At least it will dry out so we can work it down to a rough grade before we get some sand in for it.

Redneck Riviera is in full swing. About died leveling the sand. Then we drug the box contents out and set it up.

IMG_4722.jpg

And for reference
20210522_151336.jpg

We may need a lifeguard on duty. Erin can barely see over the top from inside. She deep. Now we wait. Gonna take a minute to get nearly 10,000 gallons out of the hose pipe.

P.S. took the WarPig for a spin around the block this afternoon. Just cause.

20210522_165400.jpg

20210522_170555.jpg

Redneck Riviera is in full swing. About died leveling the sand. Then we drug the box contents out and set it up.

And for reference
View attachment 2681352

We may need a lifeguard on duty. Erin can barely see over the top from inside. She deep. Now we wait. Gonna take a minute to get nearly 10,000 gallons out of the hose pipe.
Someone in this pic is supposed to talk someone in my family into this as a necessity on the GA hilltop!

@Mrsjynx you have been called out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom