The COVID Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just realized on Federal Income taxes won't be penalize for filing late. State of NC will still be charging interest on underpayment as of 4/15:

Secretary of Revenue Ronald G. Penny announced today that the North Carolina Department of Revenue (NCDOR) is offering individuals and businesses relief as part of the state’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The NCDOR will not impose the late payment penalty for income tax due on April 15, 2020 if the tax is paid by July 15, 2020.

On March 18, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced an extended payment deadline for federal taxes, but did not extend the filing deadlines. The NCDOR is mirroring this payment extension to the greatest extent possible under current state law. While the NCDOR is waiving late payment penalties through July 15, state law prevents waiving any interest. As with federal returns, the due date for filing the state income tax returns remains April 15, 2020.

Has anybody started cutting their own hair yet? Not counting @Roxx .

not my hair, but had to cut Adam’s....turns out I have a fall back if consulting doesn’t work out and he’s informed me I will now be giving him his monthly haircuts even after stay at home ends haha

Cut mine 2 days ago. I think the back might look a bit odd, but wife says it looks good and no one else is going to see it so I think I'm good.

There’s some old info the last paragraph above. The filing deadlines were changed to 7/15/20 for both federal and NC returns.

NC DOR

IRS

I actually don't think there is any conflict between what I posted and your link. The main thing is, the deadline is extended (both federal and state), but with NC Income taxes, you will still pay interest on what you owe starting 4/15, if you owe and don't pay by then.

This is from your link: "However, the department cannot offer relief from interest charged to filings after April 15. Unless state law is changed, tax payments received after April 15 will be charged accruing interest over the period from April 15 until the date of payment. "

Agreed, but the last sentence of your post (quoted from DOR) said, “As with federal returns, the due date for filing the state income tax returns remains April 15, 2020.”

That info is still on the DOR website, and they don’t make it very clear that it was an old update that has since been changed.

20148012_19_600_593.jpg

Our Gubment checks were direct deposited this morning :)

Reactions: AJR
Wrong sir, I voted but not for the office of President, neither deserved my vote!

Direct deposit is the key.

Quincey got mine, my compressor got Covid and dropped a lung.

I’ll be curious to see if I/we get anything. Sarah is technically beyond the $$limit I last read but I had almost zero income as an independent contractor last year. We file taxes jointly.

I’m not expecting or desiring anything, I’m just curious what big govt will do on their own accord.

I’ll be curious to see if I/we get anything. Sarah is technically beyond the $$limit I last read but I had almost zero income as an independent contractor last year. We file taxes jointly.

I’m not expecting or desiring anything, I’m just curious what big govt will do on their own accord.

If you're not desiring anything and end up getting something you can send it over my way.... I'll put it to good use. :hillbilly:

We got ours today. Was a little worried we wouldn't as my wife isn't a citizen (green card holder, pays taxes, SSN, she's on the up and up). Everything came through though thank goodness. It all went to pay off two credit cards, so I don't know how much that will stimulate the economy. Felt good clicking the "pay balance" button, maybe not as good as a lift kit and set of tires, but probably smarter since now I have room on my credit cards to buy a lift kit and set of tires.

Quick update on my niece. she texted my sister over the weekend, said she's improving, but is still extremely tired/wiped out. her appetite is somewhat improving. the inhaler helped with her breathing. she knows she had a mild case overall, and her heart goes out to those who have it worse.

I've been cutting my own hair since I was 16. I cut Shannon's hair for years before she moved on to the professionals. I cut Sarah hair for a while and Shannon and I share the duty of cutting Jacob's hair. When news came out people had to cut their own hair because of stay at home orders, I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Steve, I'm glad your niece is doing better. As much as I've been inconvenienced with this whole thing, I know that I'm lucky compared to many.

GLTHFJ60, I'll go join them (while maintaining 6 ft of personal space) if some of that "Dangerous Freedom" includes rollbacks of policies put in place after 9/11. Surveillance, Homeland Security, TSA, gah it breaks my brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom