Thanks for all the help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
I have been lurking and posting at times for the last six months or so. I am happy to say that I am now the proud new owner of a FZJ80. The info on this forum has been so useful and has helped me out alot. It is a 1994, green and mine. It is completely stock and has 108K on the clock. It doesn't have diff locks, but it is mine and if I find that I need them, I will do so. FSM is on the way (thanks Dan). Let the good times roll.

As my 4 year old daughter told me as we drove it to Tucson from Prescott, "Dad, this is the best Toyota ever, much better than mom's". I agree.

Ross

best images I can upload using dial-up
LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg
LC3.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, :cheers:

yes this thread is useless without pictures!

GeoRoss said:
Hello All,

I am happy to say that I am now the proud new owner of a JFZ80.

I see you snagged the rare, elusive and sometimes misunderstood JFZ80..... most of us around here pilot the much more common FZJ80 or FJ80, good find
;)

Kidding ofcourse, congrats on the new purchase, please post some pics so everyone can tell you to go OME, bumpers, sliders, tires .........

:cheers:

Nice ride Geo, congrats.

As we say around here "you done good"!

Nice cruiser Ross! Now we'll have to go wheeling! :cheers:

Congrats Ross. A nice present for the end of a semester, eh???

Now it's time to get to work with all of the possibilities in terms of mods and PM.

Best regards.
-onur
Akron, OH

NO LOCKERS! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thought you said you learned alot from this site. :flipoff2:

Only kidding man, congrats glad your daughter loves it. :D

Congrats...have fun with it this summer......(I hear the black helicopters target them though!!) :D :cool:

Nice find - and a '94 with only 108K in the Arizona desert. Wow!

Montana Cruiser said:
I see you snagged the rare, elusive and sometimes misunderstood JFZ80..... most of us around here pilot the much more common FZJ80 or FJ80, good find
;)

Yes, the JFZ80 would've been rare...but the JZJ80? Dude...there's only one or two of those in existence!!!

:D

Congrats on the new rig!

GeoRoss,

The wheels look like their off a stock 91-92, did the PO swap them out?
I have a green 94 as well w/ no lockers. I wasnt aware of the importance or knew I would be into moding it when I bought it. But I have done alot with it on the AZ trails and hve been fine. However lockers would have been nice on 2 occasions.

Cruisin'Carolina said:
Congrats...have fun with it this summer......(I hear the black helicopters target them though!!) :D :cool:

Unfortunately for me, no wheeling with the new LC this summer. I have a couple of weeks to baseline all the fluids and routine PM on it and pray my wife doesn't wreck it while I am gone. I am going to flush the rad, so I think I will tackle the PHH while I am doing so. Just need the FSM, which should be here any day (thanks Dan). As soon as I get back, new tires, extend the breathers, and a lift (if the wallet is thick enough). This fall this truck is going to be put to work!

I do need to rewire the after market stereo as the moron how hooked it up didn't ground it very well (alternator/RPM whine in the low range on the radio). The power control to the antenna isn't hooked up either. The seller informed me that the antenna doesn't go all the way down using the manual controls (bless his heart). Thanks to the search button on this site, I knew that the antenna doesn't retract all the way using the manual controls and that the power control to the antenna was probably not connected (thanks MUD :grinpimp:). First time in my life it looked like I knew what I was talking about. I can't stress enough how much this site and all the members helped me and they didn't even know they were doing so. Thanks again MUD!

About the black helicopters, I have now found out that the border patrol does have a some blackhawks and it was likely them who buzzed my camp. I've got a great flag to let them know who's side I'm on (thanks Hilltopper). Besides, I have the fastest MUD salute in Pima County. They buzz me again and they will get a salute they won't forget.

Ross

The antenna should retract all the way down. It will click,click to let you know its extended or retracted all the way. The mast is cheap and easy to do yourself if its broken.

AZcruiser said:
GeoRoss,

The wheels look like their off a stock 91-92, did the PO swap them out?...
91/92 wheels wouldn't fit well on a 94 (they're 15"). They look more like ex-LX 450 or similar wheels. I see what looks like a groove on the "spokes". They are 16" wheels though -- that's a definite.

I noticed the groove on the spoke in far right image not from a US 94 LC.

AZcruiser said:
GeoRoss,

The wheels look like their off a stock 91-92, did the PO swap them out?
I have a green 94 as well w/ no lockers. I wasnt aware of the importance or knew I would be into moding it when I bought it. But I have done alot with it on the AZ trails and hve been fine. However lockers would have been nice on 2 occasions.

I don't think so, the tires on there are 275 70R16, not 15 inch. I like those center caps also.

The antenna should retract all the way down. It will click,click to let you know its extended or retracted all the way. The mast is cheap and easy to do yourself if its broken.

The manual controls work, but not power control from the radio. The manual control will leave about 4 inches of antenna showing. I got the idea that this was normal/common for a thread on this subject

It seems that alot of peoples antennas do this, so all I need to do (I think) is hook up the radio antenna power line.

Ross

GeoRoss said:
I don't think so, the tires on there are 275 70R16, not 15 inch. I like those center caps also.

The manual controls work, but not power control from the radio. The manual control will leave about 4 inches of antenna showing. I got the idea that this was normal/common for a thread on this subject

It seems that alot of peoples antennas do this, so all I need to do (I think) is hook up the radio antenna power line.

Ross
Not sure about the 94, but the 93 did not have power activation/control from the radio, only from the antenna buttons. IIRC, head unit "activation" and vehicle on/off activation did not come until 95 and newer.

GeoRoss said:

Ross

Mine does that if the radio is on. If it is off it will go all the way down.

Congrats on the 80! I love mine... :flipoff2:

Good looking truck, I also bought a 94 Green with no lockers. After encountering serveral situations where I needed the lockers I end it up investing on front and rear ARBS. Best investment I ever made, now the truck is complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom