Builds Tex's 2019 GX460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Test fit just to see how it'll look prior to sliders, bumper, and bumping the front up another 1/2". Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70/17 on SCS SR8 17x8.5" with 4.30" BS and -10mm offset.

Xd9hnGc.jpg

fvFyMNt.jpg

Nja04T1.jpg

7vZ5fEl.jpg

With them sticking out a little, you'll be slinging and kicking up a lot more mud/road crud on the sides of your rig.
But hey, what the heck, they look really good! Who cares if you have to wash your rig a wee more often!
Another nice thing about being a little wider is you shouldn't have any problems turning lock-to-lock.

I used the RAM B-367U ball mount, a 6x60mm hex socket head cap screw and a steel spacer 10mm long with an ID of 6.25mm and then a flat washer. This setup clearances the handle just by the bare minimum but keeps it very close and compact. Should you need to space the ball out further you can do so with a longer spacer or simply use three nuts and a 65 or 70mm long screw instead.

Appreciate it!! Thank you!

Ironman Premium front bumper is on its way.

zS8L4S1.jpg

Pa2YFbZ.jpg

O4RMUqL.jpg

I finally got around to breaking down the stock wheel/tire setup so that I could have the TPMS installed in the 285's/SCS wheels. I definitely love the beefier look but a BMC is 100% necessary with this -10mm offset. I will be taking the truck in to Duggy's later this week for a BMC and he will adjust the front coil overs up another 1/2" as well. Tires went from a 255/70/18 (32.1x10x18) on stock wheels to a 285/70/17 (32.8x11.2x17) on 17x8.5" wheels with 4.30" of BS and a -10mm offset. Hand calculations over 130 miles of 80/20 hwy/twn driving show a small decrease of less than 0.5mpg in fuel economy (16.4 mpg), if that holds up I will be more than pleased. I'll be sure to update the pics once the coil overs have been adjusted.

kAHQdiw.jpg

ufpeC7m.jpg

uOxGbkn.jpg

2ytV6fa.jpg

Last edited:
. I definitely love the beefier look but a BMC is 100% necessary with this -10mm offset.

BMC or fender liner trim? I am also waiting for the scs wheels but I dont want to do bmc. If bmc is required for 285s then I’ll down size to 275... what body mount are you actually rubbing at?

BMC or fender liner trim? I am also waiting for the scs wheels but I dont want to do bmc. If bmc is required for 285s then I’ll down size to 275... what body mount are you actually rubbing at?

Without a doubt you'll be doing some fender liner trimming. The tire doesn't contact the body mount under regular, flat driving but upon impacting any incline at an angle or reversing with the wheel cut I do get contact on the body mount. The only body mount that can possibly be a factor is the one directly behind the front wheels, this is the one that you will do the BMC on.

I am assuming that it is possible to make a 285/70 fit without impacting the body mount but not with an aggressive negative offset and SCS doesn't make anything in a 17" with less than a -10mm offset. I don't understand the position of being against a BMC as it's a relatively simple procedure and it replaces the removed metal with new material but to each their own. I would look at something with a positive offset and 4.75-5.5" BS if you want to keep the wheel tucked in more.

I would look at something with a positive offset and 4.75-5.5" BS if you want to keep the wheel tucked in more.

Yeah my 285/70/17's have been rubbing some on +6.99 mm offset (alphaequipt command wheels). It would generally happen when turning into an area where it dips and the suspension compresses. I went to the shop yesterday to have some more fender liner trimming done, we'll see if it continues to rub at all. At this point it would be rubbing the body.

Took the truck in this morning for a BMC and front coil adjustment, surprisingly they got another full inch out of the front coil overs. I think it looks much better now since it no longer looks ass high. There's no longer any rub on the body mount and there's plenty of room should I want to move up to a 34" tire in the future.

F4OoCoa.jpg

dabdcGM.jpg

OSnksbV.jpg

***Bumper update***

To keep a long story short, I think I was in the beginning stages of a scam. Needless to say, the Ironman isn't coming. I got my money back but I am now back to square one in regards to a bumper. PM me if you care to know more about the characters involved. Not sure if I am going to move forward with an Ironman, ARB, or wait for the CBI Hybrid now, giving me options always makes things more difficult lol.

A few quick photos I snapped after leaving the hardware store today. I love the new stance but I need to cut some more plastic off of this girl, it's just too much and I hate it. Sliders and a front bumper can't come soon enough.

7OkMply.jpg

xNim1FJ.jpg

Saturday morning beach stroll. Ran the entire length of beach from Matagorda down to the Sargent cut and back. A 0.1ft tide and wide flat beaches made for a leisurely drive.

7ZoD30m.jpg

BlSAvJq.jpg

XiFZs3B.jpg

v1K5FJ0.jpg

i8GpD5h.jpg

eMFIQeM.jpg

OzVCIkA.jpg

QToMCKl.jpg

DnLt5xs.jpg

8dY7l8B.jpg

iLZRPz1.jpg

Without a doubt you'll be doing some fender liner trimming. The tire doesn't contact the body mount under regular, flat driving but upon impacting any incline at an angle or reversing with the wheel cut I do get contact on the body mount. The only body mount that can possibly be a factor is the one directly behind the front wheels, this is the one that you will do the BMC on.

I am assuming that it is possible to make a 285/70 fit without impacting the body mount but not with an aggressive negative offset and SCS doesn't make anything in a 17" with less than a -10mm offset. I don't understand the position of being against a BMC as it's a relatively simple procedure and it replaces the removed metal with new material but to each their own. I would look at something with a positive offset and 4.75-5.5" BS if you want to keep the wheel tucked in more.
ok so will you be able to get rid of rubbing even at compression after the BMC? I am also lifting for 2” only and found lots of people even rub w/2.5” lift...

ok so will you be able to get rid of rubbing even at compression after the BMC? I am also lifting for 2” only and found lots of people even rub w/2.5” lift...

I haven’t experienced any at this point and I’ve been trying to get it to contact. Duc did a pretty aggressive BMC to leave extra room for the possibility of larger tires in the future. We got 3” out of the front of this lift after they readjusted the front and it certainly helped.

***Bumper update***

To keep a long story short, I think I was in the beginning stages of a scam. Needless to say, the Ironman isn't coming. I got my money back but I am now back to square one in regards to a bumper. PM me if you care to know more about the characters involved. Not sure if I am going to move forward with an Ironman, ARB, or wait for the CBI Hybrid now, giving me options always makes things more difficult lol.
So just for a quick clarification and warning to all, who were you dealing with or what website? Please post the "Who, What, When and Where" of this possible scam.

So just for a quick clarification and warning to all, who were you dealing with or what website? Please post the "Who, What, When and Where" of this possible scam.

The party in question is Devin Williams, this transaction began via contact off of the Facebook GXOR page. He is the co-owner of Sawtooth Overland but he sold this bumper to me as a personal transaction, not one directly related to his business. He did refund my money but not until I threatened to reverse the charges myself and put him on blast with everyone that he "claimed" to have worked with. He held my money and fed me BS about it shipping for a week and half, provided a fraudulent/fictitious tracking number, and pretended to have had surgery in order to avoid me I guess in hopes of buying more time (this is an assumption based off of how it was presented and because he used that very same excuse with another shop less than two months prior). So either he's conveniently having surgeries every other month or this is his stock, go-to lie in order to get out of his responsibilities.

It took me reaching out to another shop who had interactions with him in the past and personally contacting the carrier he claimed to have used for freight to get to the bottom of his lies. In the end he never shipped the bumper, there was no shipment in either of our names or from that state in particular with the carrier. He told other parties that I had a freight hookup and was handling it in order to get him a great deal on the shipping which was another blatant lie. He avoided messages and blew me off at most every attempt to contact him about the status of the shipment. Keep in mind that this was going to be a freight delivery to my residence so I needed a heads up as to when it would be arriving so that I could arrange to be home in order to receive it, sign for it and get it off of the pallet and in the garage.

I have record of all of our communications to verify and confirm all of this. This appears to be a trend with him and apparently his business partner is an even more questionable character as well according to a few others who have had business dealings with them, it didn't take very much digging around to find this out. Just be aware of this should you ever consider buying anything from him, his business partner or their company in the future.

I would call Chris or Luke at IronMan directly. They are super easy to deal with and shipping isn't that bad.

Even though I don't need bumpers or anything like that now, I appreciate the heads up!

We hit the beach down in Sargent, TX today. It is a much narrower waterfront than what Matagorda or PINS has to offer. Sea fog rolled in as we were down there, it's crazy how in under a minute we went from a beautiful sunny day to less than 100yds visibility. This was the first time that we had the GX twisted up in off-camber situations since we installed the Ironman FCP kit and I have to admit that I was extremely pleased with how it performed.

3d4cXgN.jpg

2wtkvmo.jpg

LfmLuJ8.jpg

zGUs3zJ.jpg

cgFoN8q.jpg

A9hsqIS.jpg

HwQhnYs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom