Texas 200 Series owners (1 Viewer)

Which month and location works best for you?

• Late April/Early May

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Early November

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Hill Country Overland Route/Hidden Falls/Fredericksburg

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Big Bend

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • PINS

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll dump the Porsche trip and join but I will also be a wimp and probably not camp out if I can source an alternative.

There is exactly one halfway challenging obstacle in the national park, it is approximately 2 carlengths long, and unless it has deteriorated you would clear just fine in high mode.
I can confirm this. Was there 2 weeks ago.

I’m planning on a hill country overland run in February, come along if interested. Big Bend is always a great trip and totally stock-able though the factory Dunlops may not be happy with the rocks. PINS also sounds like a fun trip, I haven’t been down there in ages.

Sounds like a blast. I would be in but am burning my extra vaca and kitchen passes on a Moose hunt in Alaska this year.

In the future, the Mrs. and I would definitely be in for BB and Fredericksburg. We are simi-soft campers. One, maybe two, nights in the tent then a bed and breakfast for a shower and good nights sleep.

2023 or beyond, we would be honored to join ya'll.

Edit.
Oh yeah. Dallas and reasonably mod-ed 2018.

I just had a buddy on 37’s slash a sidewall in the state park, so it does happen but for the most part it is very mild out there. Like I said, stay off of Oso Loop and you’ll be fine beyond some light pin striping.

I just had a buddy on 37’s slash a sidewall in the state park, so it does happen but for the most part it is very mild out there. Like I said, stay off of Oso Loop and you’ll be fine beyond some light pin striping.

I’d rather lose a tire than get any striping!!! Need some paint film but they charge way too much. I should just do it myself™️

That paint on armor stuff works well and is removable.

That paint on armor stuff works well and is removable.

Have y’all seen this?

I came across it I think in one of the 4wd 24-7 videos. It’s not a bad idea at 1/4 the cost of film and actually get armor.

Yea that's the stuff my buddy uses every time he goes out there. Be sure to compound and wax afterwards.

I'm in the process of moving from Fort Davis to Amistad Lake but should be done in time for an April or May BB run, we bought 5.5 acres on the lake so if anyone is heading down hwy 90 and needs a place to camp there is room!

Hopefully I will get my hands on a 08-13 200 by then but the market has been tough. If any of yall hear of one for sale let me know!
Does the offer still stand? I work in Del Rio quite a bit and would love to drive the LC instead of work truck (tundra).

As long as it doesn’t interfere with Round Up, I’m in. Set a date and let’s do it.

Well we can do something around Frederickburg like the Hill Country Overland Route and/or Hidden Falls in the spring April/May or push it out to say early November and do Big Bend. Maybe I'll add a poll.

Poll added!

Well we can do something around Frederickburg like the Hill Country Overland Route and/or Hidden Falls in the spring April/May or push it out to say early November and do Big Bend. Maybe I'll add a poll.
Let’s do both. Fredericksburg is close enough for us Austin peeps. BB is haul and I am never doing BB in the summertime again….. Lesson learned.

Let’s do both. Fredericksburg is close enough for us Austin peeps. BB is haul and I am never doing BB in the summertime again….. Lesson learned.

If you want both a spring and a fall meet-up then post that here after voting. I only allowed for two selections in the poll, one for time of year and one for location.

Could only vote for 2 options so did late April/early May for Big Bend; if we did a November trip I'd prefer to do Fredericksburg since it's a little closer/easier and that's smack in the middle of western hunting seasons. I do also believe they do an Oktoberfest event down there in the fall as well. I'm just one out of many though so whatever works best for the group I will try to fit it. If April 28-May 1 is the only dates that work for the majority I'd probably skip Jambo again in favor of Big Bend

Not a texan, but I've been to BB in summer. I know it's hot as hell, but I still did it. I'm just lurking here and hope I can get more info on PINS. It's in my list to visit. Also, hope to return to BB for more offroad fun down the future.

Voted for late April/early May for Hills Country. New to this with factory Dunlops and suspension so taking it easy until I can upgrade. Six months after picking up the vehicle I'm still deciding on suspension... 🤣

Well the votes thus far are telling me that I need to start researching what's taking place late April and early May in/around Fredericksburg. When we did the HCOR we split it up over two days but it can easily be run in a day. I am leaning towards running the overland route day day with dinner and over night in the Fredericksburg area and then day two at Hidden Falls for those that want to run some trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom