For Sale Texas 1973 FJ40 Capri Blue $25,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 179, 255)
we are selling our 1973 Capri Blue F engine 3 speed. Body and paint are solid. Very little rust. Runs well. Just gave it a tune up, all fluids changed and new battery. I believe it needs a little brake work. Drums are very squeaky. I have a lot of misc parts including wiper motor and wiper arms. I have a set of front OEM seats just recovered in tan or keep the Corbeau currently installed. Your choice.

I purchased late spring intending to fix it up as our weekend driver. The day it was delivered a good Freind offered his fully restored 1977 and it had AC…that sealed the deal with the wife. I still prefer the color and doors of the 1973 but AC in Texas is hard to beat.

This is a solid rig ready to drive or finish tweaking it.

Thanks

IMG_0636.png

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

Exactly what I'm looking for hopefully in a couple years. One of my favorite colors.

Price please!
Yes, $25,500

It is a solid rig.
The GOOD:
Very little to no rust. Ran magnets in all the usual spots. Just had front OEM seats redone in tan marine. New turn signal , battery, tune up, all fluids changed I was told tranny was rebuilt and saw invoice. I have original tool kit and Owners manual

The Not-So-Good:
PO took off windshield wipers to paint and did not reinstall. I have the arms but no rubber blades. The motor is intact but not on vehicle.
The cluster needs rebuild. The heater is not installed but I have it. I like the look without and I live in Texas so….I was planning an OEM looking soft top and store hard top so wasn’t going to install AC. Brakes will need some work at some point

Great looking 40! Hope that it goes to a good home. Is the engine in the vehicle and running? Your last post said that it was not on the vehicle but the first post said you just gave it a tune up, just wanted you to clarify please so maybe find the right buyer.
Yes, $25,500

It is a solid rig.
The GOOD:
Very little to no rust. Ran magnets in all the usual spots. Just had front OEM seats redone in tan marine. New turn signal , battery, tune up, all fluids changed I was told tranny was rebuilt and saw invoice. I have original tool kit and Owners manual

The Not-So-Good:
PO took off windshield wipers to paint and did not reinstall. I have the arms but no rubber blades. The motor is intact but not on vehicle.
The cluster needs rebuild. The heater is not installed but I have it. I like the look without and I live in Texas so….I was planning an OEM looking soft top and store hard top so wasn’t going to install AC. Brakes will need some work at some point

Great looking 40! Hope that it goes to a good home. Is the engine in the vehicle and running? Your last post said that it was not on the vehicle but the first post said you just gave it a tune up, just wanted you to clarify please so maybe find the right buyer.
I was referring to windshield wiper blade motor not “on” the vehicle

Looks like a solid investment. Owning a 72 for 30 years with no regrets. The early years trucks hold up to the abuse. I can’t believe how perfect your tub is, That and the color look perfect.

Hello-
I owned a '79 many years ago as my first car and have always wanted another one. This truck looks good.
Can the 3 speed be driven comfortably on the freeway? What speed can it cruise at? I know its an old truck.
Also, does it still have original drum brakes all around?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom