SOLD Floresville, Texas 1971 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
White
1971 Toyota FJ40. Original F engine with complete rebuild around 2003. 3 speed transmission converted to floor shift. 2 speed transfer case with recent rebuild and converted to floor shift. Updated with Dakota Digital VHX gauge cluster and new wiring harness. Warn M8274-50 Self Recovery winch. I have owned this FJ40 for the past 37 years and have repaired or replaced items as needed to keep it dependable. Too much to list here. Runs and drives great and everything works as it should. This is an off-road fun machine not a show car. I will attempt to answer all questions or inquiries. Clean Texas title and a few spare parts collected over the years. I am at the age that I need to sell a few toys. :( This will be a great Landcruiser for anyone that enjoys getting off the asphalt. $23,500 with all reasonable, serious offer considered.
IMG_5663.jpeg
IMG_5658.jpeg
IMG_5659.jpeg
IMG_5665.jpeg
IMG_5654.jpeg

Does it have a top and do the wipers work? Also just wondering why you mounted lights above the headlights?

Thanks,
Brice

Does it have a top and do the wipers work? Also just wondering why you mounted lights above the headlights?

Thanks,
Brice
I never had a top for it and was driven in hot sunny areas where a shade was all you needed. Wiper motors are new and work (2 speeds) but will need arms and wiper blades attached to function if a full enclosure were added. The lights are aftermarket LED's that put out more light than the factory headlights. I wanted a light bar but didn't have a good place to put one so I compromised with the 2 LED's.

Hello-
I owned a '79 many years ago as my first car and have always wanted another one. This truck looks great.
Can the 3 speed be driven comfortably on the freeway? What speed can it cruise at? I know its an old truck.
Had it been repainted?
Thanks!
Flash

Hello-
I owned a '79 many years ago as my first car and have always wanted another one. This truck looks great.
Can the 3 speed be driven comfortably on the freeway? What speed can it cruise at? I know its an old truck.
Had it been repainted?
Thanks!
Flash
IMO the 71 is not a freeway driver. They are geared low and about 50 mph is about it. Nothing better for off road fun but as a daily driver I think a 4 speed newer model would be a much better choice. I had it repainted in 2020 and some minor rust in the usual places fixed. If I remember correctly, the back end of the transmission hump cover and a small area below the tailgate doors had some rusted metal that need repairs. Covid was in full swing, and the body shop was in a lockdown mode basically so I really didn't get that involved in what they did. Thank you for your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom