Temperature sending unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there 2 temp sending units on a 75 2F?

The unit in the top of the pic is is definitely a temp sending unit.

The circled unit is a little different but I believe was in the head as well...

Any thoughts?

17.JPG
17.JPG

Yes, there are supposed to be two. One is for emissions.

Best

Mark A.

I understand there are three different styles of sending unit available for the Toyota engines. Looks like early F and then two for the 2F. Does anyone know if the ohm resistance is the same in all three or if the difference is in the electrical connector and the base and threads?

don't thow out that top one in the picture .it also has the adapter that some people need when they swap to a early V8 chevy . that sender and bushing /adapter also threads into a chevy smal block head.

Does anyone know if the ohm resistance is the same in all three or if the difference is in the electrical connector and the base and threads?

I'm pretty sure the spade connection on the top and the threads are all the same.
Toyota did have a nasty habit of changing resistance around in it's senders. I've heard that the color coding of the plastic around the spade connector is one way to identify which sender is which. I know I've seen posts of what the resistance is supposed to be. I bet it's mentioned somewhere in the FSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom