Tassie Devil FJ45 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure how wide you can go, but I noticed on my split rings that the profile code is 16X550F (the F being bead profile as i understand).
I'm running Super Hajaris which I understand were original fitment on my 60 series wheels.
I'm curious whether others have bothered about bead profile, whether it matters much, or have you just thrown on whatever (tubeless) tyres with a set of tubes and flaps inside?

20230629_123120.jpg

20230720_174201.jpg

...I would love to step up a tyre size but not sure how wide I can go on the 5.5” splits?
Still looks perfect as it is!

The FJ has been put to work over the Christmas season! It featured in our towns Christmas Eve parade complete with my 3 daughters and 3 nieces in the back. Then it was time to head to my family shack on the coast for some lobster fishing.

CheersView attachment 3530178View attachment 3530179
Great parade and catch, congrats mate!

PS. It seems astonishing how light can influence the colour tone/shade/tint of this Dune Beige (416) Cruiser : hard to believe that this is the very same truck in your two pictures!...

I can smell the butter & tarragon, thats a spread, havent seen that except in Boston, thats a proper clothes line right there.

PS. It seems astonishing how light can influence the colour tone/shade/tint of this Dune Beige (416) Cruiser : hard to believe that this is the very same truck in your two pictures!...
Haha well the reason for this is Bob loaned the vehicle to his son so he could travel West to spend a week hunting feral pigs back in the 80's. On that trip, his son scratched the truck badly whilst chasing pigs through the scrub so in his wisdom, he gave it a respray before returning home. Unfortunately though it's the wrong shade!

I am considering trying the oven cleaner trick to remove the re-spray the way it has been successfully done in the Patina thread.

IMG_8338.jpg

Yes, that’s correct. I would love to step up a tyre size but not sure how wide I can go on the 5.5” splits?
Not too wide. 7.50 R 16 is a pretty good size. I used to run this size when I had split rims. In modern measurements 255 85R 16 is about as wide as you can go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom