Taking doors off my 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes that is right, I am thinking about taking the doors off the fj62 for this summer. Has anybody ever done this? How does it look, any pics.

Tim

If your gonna take me off.........plan in leaving them off or being a bitch to get back on. I recall Henry C did this, said he could never get the doors to align right, I think the body flexs to much without the doors on and its hard to get em back on right. Prolly not a big deal hoever unless you flexing it on the trail.

But I might be wrong

not on a cruiser, but i used to pull them off my trooper all the time...it was alot of fun....however, the first time i did it i pulled off the complete hinges and like pimp said, it was terribly hard to get it aligned again....the next time i did it, i left the hinges on and it was much easier to get the doors back on...but they still are not aligned properly and dont close as smoothly as they used to. it was alot of fun though

A guy in Wasatch Cruisers ran without his doors for his 60 for a weekend in Moab and when I asked him about it he said the same things. Doors were a HUGE PITA to get aligned properly and the body flexed a lot while riding the trails--flexed so much he actually had to think about it and take it into account for some of the obstacles...

-Ferg-

Let alone the fact it's illegal everywhere to drive on the street with them off.

Any door that is not "intended" to be easily removed like the ones on FJ40's and CJ's and such is not legal to remove in any state.

Define easily Removed?? The doors are easily removed just some bolts, same with the new jeep TJ's. Not to much worried about them going back on right. The thing is rusted to pieces and I only paid $700 for it. Body flew can't be to bad considering that it is a full frame. I have seen many Jeep Xj's with the doors off and they have unibodies. I guess I will have to look up the laws for Oregon.

Tim

"intended" is the key word here. Doors advertised as "removable" is what I'm talking about. This came up on the LCML a long time ago if I remember correctly...

I guess I will have to try it and see what happens.
:D
Tim

i would not worry to much about the alignment. There is all kinds of adjustment. It you mark the hinge locations it should be fine. We switch doors out all the time with no issue.

Biggest issue you will have is crap rolling out of the truck. The floors slope out so every turn will leave a little present for the homeless

uhhhh, why would you want to? no offense, but Oregon is not the dryest state in the Union......

If it were me i would make half doors. But whateva

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom