Taking off driveshaft bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got off all the driveshaft bolts except one which I got to turn but it will just keep turning infinitely and not get any closer to coming out. Here is a video

Should I put the nut on and then hold both and turn?
Also when replacing the pinion seal should I be in neutral and parking brake or in gear with parking brake?
Is it ok to be on a slanted angle in the driveway or do I need to go on level ground.

Last edited:
The flange is not threaded.

I use a small pry tool, and carefully pry the end of the bolt, or I suppose you could gently hit it with a drift.

Got off all the driveshaft bolts except one which I got to turn but it will just keep turning infinitely and not get any closer to coming out. Here is a video

Should I put the nut on and then hold both and turn?
Also when replacing the pinion seal should I be in neutral and parking brake or in gear with parking brake?
Is it ok to be on a slanted angle in the driveway or do I need to go on level ground.

I did my rear pinion seal in the driveway without any problems. Probably overkill, but I put my truck in 4 and engaged the hubs to lock everything up (so that when I re-installed the propeller shaft it went back on as it came off). Set parking break too, and chock your wheels. Removed the propeller shaft, replaced the seal and bolted everything back up. If your shaft is balanced as it should be, be sure to place reference marks on the shaft and the flange so that everything goes back on in the same orientation... I didn't want to screw anything up, thus the lock-up in 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom