Tactical accessories for your 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya,
I think you meant to respond to someone else, my post was quoting about the little bracket that attaches to the drivers seat bolts. However, that's a pretty slick setup in the tailgate!
meant to the general Q’s re fit limitations…

These fit… See below for a few considerations…

View attachment 2972087

There are several limiting facgods invluding:

-Center depth progressively shallows (see external contours under license plate.
-Two locki g latches must freely rotate downward, so must allow for this via barrel, etc.
-Latch cables of vafyi g i trusiveness (depending on your model year, LX/LC and/or dampers and/or auto open/close.

I’ve had my mod done since the very early days, and with my heavy foam/velcro combo, moisture has been a non-issue.

View attachment 2972088

Yup, that was the picture I quoted when I asked. Excellent setup! Previous trucks have had room and I really liked how well packaged that is so I was hoping a foam laser cutter on here would have the patterns and dimensions already.

The Winchester 1300 Marine and Ruger Mini 30 easily fit within the outline of lids on the OEM tailgate storage with plenty of room to adjust.

winchester.ruger.jpg

Ya,

meant to the general Q’s re fit limitations…
Hey Markuson, did you just remove the plastic mold in the tailgate and go with the foam or did you go with an insert like from trail tailor and then foam it? Great pew pews.

IMHO that's a last resort location/position if you ever have to deploy a handgun in an emergency. You will be muzzling your femoral artery while under stress; and that is not a good idea. Your experience, level of training, etc may say otherwise.
not to mention the Serpa holster. For the love of everything holy, DITCH any SERPA holsters you may have. There are plenty of options that are safer, superior, etc.

Hey Markuson, did you just remove the plastic mold in the tailgate and go with the foam or did you go with an insert like from trail tailor and then foam it? Great pew pews.

If you mean the flip-down plastic that bridges the tailgate gap when open, no I did not remove it. I quickly realized that it would catch on the lid seams, though, and added little felt chair-leg pads under neath…which are just tall enough to avoid catching. Amazingly, those same self-stick felt circles have stayed put through years of use.

Nice !

Does the bolt on the 1301 press against the gate?

That’s an over-sized charge handle I added…but it works out perfectly against the velcro I used to cover the under side of the metal lid. So no metal-on-metal. It makes contact...but just enough so it’s wedged, allowing zero movement. Super secure.

I sent the plastic stuff to a fellow mud guy for some other project.

All internals had to be created by hand. I used various foams I found…including several pads for kneeling like you find at Home Depot, etc. Turns out foam selection is a big deal…because with heavy items like firearms…it has to hold its shape when closed (on it’s side) while banging along over crazy trails.

My TT unit was I think only the second attempted by Jason for the 200. It was the three basic pieces only. Door…bottom layer…top layer…plus hinge, locks and screws, etc. Internals are up to the user. This was definitely tricky because of all the weird depth changes & angles…mixed with latch holes, and especially the need to protect the free motion of the latch cables…which run right across the main cavity. To deal with free cable movement, I carved channels into the lower material.
No inserts were available from anyone at the time…

The purpose of having a weapon is to have it available if needed. I don't think hiding it in the tailgate achieves that purpose. Good for storage when parked at the Walmart.

wow, obviously it not made for your carry.

It's for storage, stuff, tools etc .. and looks like your long gun if going hunting or shooting would fit in this locked box.

The Cargo boxes are only about 38.5" long vs a long gun is approx. 42".

The purpose of having a weapon is to have it available if needed. I don't think hiding it in the tailgate achieves that purpose. Good for storage when parked at the Walmart.

LOL .. not everyone lives in TX

A Florida man and a Texan get into an argument about guns. Popcorn, please! :popcorn:

I generally agree re emergency use. On the other hand… -Emergency use is (IMHO) much better served by *concealed carry*…not storage.

For me…the utility of tailgate storage is that it creates a legal, secure, theft-deterring method of transport that remains invisible even in camp, on the trail, or when while using/loading/unloading the cargo bay.

For legal transport and safe keeping when unattended…or in areas where immediate access gets you arrested and confiscated…I find it a truly unique & helpful solution if done well.

I might have gone a little overboard, but installed a retractable mount and bearing. Has the bracket mount for the M240 and M249 and has an adapter for a M2 if you replace the barrel with the shorter one. :) And some customer molle panels on the quarter panel glass.
001.png

002.png

003.png

004.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom