Sway bar drop question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Running OME med. w/ reg. shocks NOT L-Shocks. I DO NOT have the sway bar drop blocks. Question is, if the truck was to be in a position where full droop was reach say..... I don' t know jumping the truck. Would the swaybar coming into contact with the DS be an issue?

Sam

Most of the time it's not a problem with that setup. Just jack up the truck, put stands under the frame, let the front axle hang and check the clearance. On mine, when I had the short shocks the clearance was about 1/8", too close for me. So I made some spacers from 3/8" aluminum giving me about 1/2" clearance.

If yer jumping it than I think that Sway bar D/S contact is the least of your worries :D :cheers:
Dan

KliersLC said:
If yer jumping it than I think that Sway bar D/S contact is the least of your worries :D :cheers:
Dan

i knew someone would say it, lol. congrats on being THE ONE Kliers. :cheers:

if you do jack up the truck by the frame to see if you have contact, you may want to stuff one wheel at a time cuz the DS is not in the middle IIRC, it may make a (small?) difference.
I did measure mine with OEM (not OME) shocks. It was about 1 3/4" gap. Your shocks are longer.

I think if you were to drop the sway bar you would get better performance from it because it would be lined up horizontally again. Slee sells a set for $41.00 for the front or the back. I just put them on my truck.

Mine hit off road running OME heavies. I put on Slee's drop blocks.

tarbe said:

presumably it's the shocks that matter, not the springs, right?

landtank said:
yes, droop is all about what limits the travel which is usually the shocks. Unless of course you haven't lengthened you brake lines.

I didn't think one needs to lengthen them things with regular length OMEs... not true?

landtank said:
put my old lift into a truck last week and the rear was real close to being a problem. If they make it, it's just by a hair.

how about moving the bracket a tad?

e9999 said:
how about moving the bracket a tad?

Works great!

brake_drops.jpg

There is an easier fix. Toss the sway bars in a bush and forget about them. ;)

tarbe said:

Take em off-a ten minute job..the night before the trail. Never a worry-more artic.

DANG! :doh: I shoulda read to the bottom before sticking my big mouth in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom