Sway bar drop question

PKP80

Running OME med. w/ reg. shocks NOT L-Shocks. I DO NOT have the sway bar drop blocks. Question is, if the truck was to be in a position where full droop was reach say..... I don' t know jumping the truck. Would the swaybar coming into contact with the DS be an issue?

Sam

Tools R Us

Most of the time it's not a problem with that setup. Just jack up the truck, put stands under the frame, let the front axle hang and check the clearance. On mine, when I had the short shocks the clearance was about 1/8", too close for me. So I made some spacers from 3/8" aluminum giving me about 1/2" clearance.

PKP80

KliersLC said:
If yer jumping it than I think that Sway bar D/S contact is the least of your worries :D :cheers:
Dan

i knew someone would say it, lol. congrats on being THE ONE Kliers. :cheers:

e9999

You want to do what...?

if you do jack up the truck by the frame to see if you have contact, you may want to stuff one wheel at a time cuz the DS is not in the middle IIRC, it may make a (small?) difference.
I did measure mine with OEM (not OME) shocks. It was about 1 3/4" gap. Your shocks are longer.

landtank

SILVER Star

I think if you were to drop the sway bar you would get better performance from it because it would be lined up horizontally again. Slee sells a set for $41.00 for the front or the back. I just put them on my truck.

e9999

You want to do what...?

tarbe said:
Mine hit off road running OME heavies. I put on Slee's drop blocks.
presumably it's the shocks that matter, not the springs, right?

landtank

SILVER Star

e9999 said:
presumably it's the shocks that matter, not the springs, right?

yes, droop is all about what limits the travel which is usually the shocks. Unless of course you haven't lengthened you brake lines.

e9999

You want to do what...?

landtank said:
yes, droop is all about what limits the travel which is usually the shocks. Unless of course you haven't lengthened you brake lines.
I didn't think one needs to lengthen them things with regular length OMEs... not true?

landtank

SILVER Star

put my old lift into a truck last week and the rear was real close to being a problem. If they make it, it's just by a hair.

e9999

You want to do what...?

landtank said:
put my old lift into a truck last week and the rear was real close to being a problem. If they make it, it's just by a hair.
how about moving the bracket a tad?

tarbe said:
Mine hit off road running OME heavies. I put on Slee's drop blocks.
Take em off-a ten minute job..the night before the trail. Never a worry-more artic.

DANG! :doh: I shoulda read to the bottom before sticking my big mouth in here.

Top Bottom