Suspension confusion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On my 200 I have had Ironman Foam Cell Pro and Dobinsons MRA. Ironman rides like a lumber wagon. My buddies F350 rode better on the highway. I switched to Dobinsons MRA and have no plans of trying anything else. It is that good. I have driven cruisers with BP-51 and FOX. I believe the MRA to have a superior ride quality.

xd40cal, If you will be in my area before your suspension purchase, I will be happy to take you for a cruise in the mountains.

On my 200 I have had Ironman Foam Cell Pro and Dobinsons MRA. Ironman rides like a lumber wagon. My buddies F350 rode better on the highway. I switched to Dobinsons MRA and have no plans of trying anything else. It is that good. I have driven cruisers with BP-51 and FOX. I believe the MRA to have a superior ride quality.

xd40cal, If you will be in my area before your suspension purchase, I will be happy to take you for a cruise in the mountains.

Probably worth calling out what (if any) extra weight you run for reference. I think the MRA is closer to stock valving forces compared to the other big bore brands.

I will voice the unpopular opinion here, while I realize the Kings, CDCV Icon, BP51 setups are awesome high quality suspension options, pick the setup that best suits your use case. If you're looking at running fire roads and lower tech trails at moderate speeds stuff like I mentioned above are going to be toward the overkill side at a much higher costs.

If cost is no object, by all means do whatever makes you happy, just know you will experience some trade offs. Rebuilds, spherical bearing noise, valving hit/miss depending on who sets you up out of the gate. Just my 2 cents as I try not to let the desire for a top tier custom valved King setup persuade me into blowing money on something I'll never benefit from.

Are you running stock weight? I’m curious to hear more about the MRA setup as I like my Bp-51 but wish it was a bit cushier over bumps(speed bumps, potholes,etc.) at lower speed. I do believe having to use E load tires makes the biggest impact. I ram SL load tires for half a month, it was fantastic but the tires were a little squishy around higher speed cornering, whereas as the e load has much better control.

Are you running stock weight? I’m curious to hear more about the MRA setup as I like my Bp-51 but wish it was a bit cushier over bumps(speed bumps, potholes,etc.) at lower speed. I do believe having to use E load tires makes the biggest impact. I ram SL load tires for half a month, it was fantastic but the tires were a little squishy around higher speed cornering, whereas as the e load has much better control.
I have E rated tires as well. I really like the MRA, but I don't think the ride improvement is much over BP-51. If I had BP-51 I probably would not replace it with MRA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom