Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at putting a supercharger on my 200. Specifically the Magnuson one. However I see where it says that they offer Tundra tuning and the SC will fit my 200 but require custom tuning. Does anyone have experience with that? Any companies offer off the shelf OBD plug in for the Magnuson SC? Anyone who’se running a SC on a 200 have feedback good or bad?

Extra cookie and gold star to anyone who can point me toward a shop in Colorado that has done one before.

Just Differentials has a supercharged 200

I am looking at putting a supercharger on my 200. Specifically the Magnuson one. However I see where it says that they offer Tundra tuning and the SC will fit my 200 but require custom tuning. Does anyone have experience with that? Any companies offer off the shelf OBD plug in for the Magnuson SC? Anyone who’se running a SC on a 200 have feedback good or bad?

Extra cookie and gold star to anyone who can point me toward a shop in Colorado that has done one before.

I had my 2014 done by Sparks earlier this year. Excellent install and I am very happy with it. Sparks has worked out the tuning and part of the cost was the ecu chip that they ordered and installed. I threw a code a couple of times after the install but once I cleaned the MAF to remove the excess oil from the oiled air cleaner, I no longer got the codes. Torfab may be able to do this install closer to your location out west.

I had my 2014 done by Sparks earlier this year. Excellent install and I am very happy with it. Sparks has worked out the tuning and part of the cost was the ecu chip that they ordered and installed. I threw a code a couple of times after the install but once I cleaned the MAF to remove the excess oil from the oiled air cleaner, I no longer got the codes. Torfab may be able to do this install closer to your location out west.
How many miles would you say you’ve put on it since install roughly? Did it make a big big noticeable difference power wise? No issues besides that MAF? Thanks for the info buddy I’d much rather drive to the right place to get it done than get a screwy install. Side note you don’t remember the name of the guy you worked with do you?

How many miles would you say you’ve put on it since install roughly? Did it make a big big noticeable difference power wise?

Did an additional 170 horses make a difference? I think you know the answer to this :D and lets be honest, you already want the supercharger.

19DE93FE-87A6-4D36-A99B-B710F75AF1FC.jpeg
Did an additional 170 horses make a difference? I think you know the answer to this :D and lets be honest, you already want the supercharger.
Hahhahahah

How many miles would you say you’ve put on it since install roughly? Did it make a big big noticeable difference power wise? No issues besides that MAF? Thanks for the info buddy I’d much rather drive to the right place to get it done than get a screwy install. Side note you don’t remember the name of the guy you worked with do you?

I have put about 5K miles on it since the install. Oh yeah, the power is very noticeable, and it keeps on building all the way up the rpm range. If you google Sparks Toyota Supercharger install, it will give you more info, and there is a contact method listed. A gent named Steve Dill was their specials projects coordinator:
Steve Dill
Sparks Toyota
Internal Service Manager
P: 843-236-2161 ext 164
F: 843-236-5756

You really should contact Torfab as well. I think he installed Carl Montoya's SC.

I have put about 5K miles on it since the install. Oh yeah, the power is very noticeable, and it keeps on building all the way up the rpm range. If you google Sparks Toyota Supercharger install, it will give you more info, and there is a contact method listed. A gent named Steve Dill was their specials projects coordinator:
Steve Dill
Sparks Toyota
Internal Service Manager
P: 843-236-2161 ext 164
F: 843-236-5756

You really should contact Torfab as well. I think he installed Carl Montoya's SC.
Awsome buddy ill contact both. Huge thanks for the info and contacts!

Has anyone put one in a 2016+ yet? I talked to Sparks about mine but wasn't sure about it. I almost did it.

However, my oldest is now of driving age and the SC money appears to likely be headed toward a 4wd 4Runner, rims, and tires for him.

Has anyone put one in a 2016+ yet? I talked to Sparks about mine but wasn't sure about it. I almost did it.

However, my oldest is now of driving age and the SC money appears to likely be headed toward a 4wd 4Runner, rims, and tires for him.

Read this thread for a cheap boost to your 16. It completely woke mine up and made me enjoy it 10x more: Pedal Commander or other throttle controller thoughts?

I have done superchargers a number of times but not the 200. I pulled the oil-wetted filters off anything with fuel injection. MAF fouling is the main issue. I still use them on carb motors. I have morphed into a fan of quality paper filters.

I have the supercharger and i have a unichip and a spare unichip.

Have put about 15k so far and it runs great. Downside is running 91+ octane but power is great. Don’t hear the whine much though.

I agree with that statement. Downside of awesome power is the 91 octane. This SC is much quieter than the TRD SC I had installed on my 100 series- not much whine at all. I need to find a good stainless catback system that has a mellow rumble but doesn't resonate at highway rpm's to make up for the lack of SC whine!

Downside is running 91+ octane but power is great. Don’t hear the whine much though.

I agree with that statement. Downside of awesome power is the 91 octane.

Ok yall installed a $6k supercharger system onto a 30-50k truck and are complaining about an extra $10 each time you fill up (this is irrelevant). Maybe about $50 a month.....

Av price of regular 2.75 ave price of Premium 3.32 so Difference of $0.60 if you fill up 5 times a month thats like $50/ month more for using premium ($600 annually) You will never even notice this aha (I understand to some households $600/ year is a lot but they arent driving Supercharged 200 series :moon:)

Sorry, rant over

Ok yall installed a $6k supercharger system onto a 30-50k truck and are complaining about an extra $10 each time you fill up (this is irrelevant). Maybe about $50 a month.....

Av price of regular 2.75 ave price of Premium 3.32 so Difference of $0.60 if you fill up 5 times a month thats like $50/ month more for using premium ($600 annually) You will never even notice this aha (I understand to some households $600/ year is a lot but they arent driving Supercharged 200 series :moon:)

Sorry, rant over

Never complained about the cost. It's the accessibility. And from where I'm at we have $4.20 91 octane vs the $3.90 for 89 octane. Not a deal breaker, and I only get 9-11mpg with this thing. I drive a Prius for my normal commuting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom