Stuck in H4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. Went away recently I was in H4 and L4 most of the weekend. A few times when I was passing though towns I tried to slip it back in H2 and for the life of me I could not get it back in. Eventually I managed to slip it back in. Going into H4 N and L4 was easy just seemed to have the problem going back in H2. I was away a few weeks ago and I didn't have this problem. I managed to get it back in and get home. In the past I was always able to slip it between H2 and H4, I stuck my head under to have a look and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Sorry for the long post but any tips will be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you talking strictly manipulating the lever on the floor? Do you also have the H4 button on the dash? Did it act up at all? What model and year truck do you have? Which engine and transfer/transmission? Last time you checked/changed the transfer case fluid?

Are you talking strictly manipulating the lever on the floor? Do you also have the H4 button on the dash? Did it act up at all? What model and year truck do you have? Which engine and transfer/transmission? Last time you checked/changed the transfer case fluid?
hi guys, i have had the same problem : normally no oil in the t-case

Have tried going into reverse?
Sometimes a gentle back and forth on level ground just makes it easier.

Do you have manual hubs or drive flanges on the front? If you have manual hubs try unlocking them and then shifting into H2.

Yeah tried reverse I have manual hubs as well. Those methods did help when I was up there. But it's wierd a few weeks ago I was able to shift between the two and not have a issue.

That's just the way it is.
Get into the habit of following the previous suggestions and forget about tough shifting.

My goto method for shifting from H4 to H2 is to idle forward at very slow speed (no throttle) with strong pressure upwards on the transfer case stick - its never failed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom