Striker Bolts for 97 40th Anniv. (1 Viewer)

I just bought my Landcruiser. The previous owner didn't have the 3rd row seats bolted in. (He couldn't find them.) What a re the spec on these bolts? I went to the Toyota Dealership, and they said they would have to order them. But I didn't want to wait 5-8 days for bolts I can get at Hardware?
Thanks in advance!

Aloha!

mitchellmmm said:
I just bought my Landcruiser. The previous owner didn't have the 3rd row seats bolted in. (He couldn't find them.) What a re the spec on these bolts? I went to the Toyota Dealership, and they said they would have to order them. But I didn't want to wait 5-8 days for bolts I can get at Hardware?
Thanks in advance!

Aloha!

In a crash a lot of strain is placed on these bolts. I would go OEM - or at least a grade 8.

Thanks for the insight... What is OEM? We have a store here which sells nothing but "Nut & Bolts" so what size Length should I ask for?

Thanks again

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet

"OEM" is Original Equipment Manufacturer, IE how it was built in the first place. The original bolts are 10 mm x 20 mm x1.25. They have a captive flat washer and a captive lock washer. They are metric grade "8T" (4 hash marks on the head at 12, 5, 6 and 7 o'clock). Since they attach anchors for seating I would not suggest substituting them.

The bolts mentioned above attach the strikers into the floor. The ones that attach the brackets to the wheel wells are 8 x 20 x1.25 and are grade "7T" (three hash marks at 4, 8, and 12 o'clock).

D-

Last edited:

Hey, Dan. I read on another post (airbag Light) I can get a FSM Manual from you? Is that possible? I actually have an airbag light on my truck. I wanted to find out how to fix the problem. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom