Striker Bolts for 97 40th Anniv. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought my Landcruiser. The previous owner didn't have the 3rd row seats bolted in. (He couldn't find them.) What a re the spec on these bolts? I went to the Toyota Dealership, and they said they would have to order them. But I didn't want to wait 5-8 days for bolts I can get at Hardware?
Thanks in advance!

Aloha!

mitchellmmm said:
I just bought my Landcruiser. The previous owner didn't have the 3rd row seats bolted in. (He couldn't find them.) What a re the spec on these bolts? I went to the Toyota Dealership, and they said they would have to order them. But I didn't want to wait 5-8 days for bolts I can get at Hardware?
Thanks in advance!

Aloha!

In a crash a lot of strain is placed on these bolts. I would go OEM - or at least a grade 8.

Thanks for the insight... What is OEM? We have a store here which sells nothing but "Nut & Bolts" so what size Length should I ask for?

Thanks again

"OEM" is Original Equipment Manufacturer, IE how it was built in the first place. The original bolts are 10 mm x 20 mm x1.25. They have a captive flat washer and a captive lock washer. They are metric grade "8T" (4 hash marks on the head at 12, 5, 6 and 7 o'clock). Since they attach anchors for seating I would not suggest substituting them.

The bolts mentioned above attach the strikers into the floor. The ones that attach the brackets to the wheel wells are 8 x 20 x1.25 and are grade "7T" (three hash marks at 4, 8, and 12 o'clock).

D-

Last edited:
Hey, Dan. I read on another post (airbag Light) I can get a FSM Manual from you? Is that possible? I actually have an airbag light on my truck. I wanted to find out how to fix the problem. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom