Storage Solutions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, very popularly I might add....

here is my rear storage for my 80...
img00038201102131501.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-02-13

img00033201102051741.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-02-05

WagonGear

and a Hanna Cargo Carrier that I fineggelled out of Corbet.
img00041201102131529.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-02-13

Leave it to me to dig up an old thread but where would one get a Hanna cargo carrier. that is exactly what i need for my 80!

Last I heard Hanna wasn't making them. I got mine from 4X4 Labs.

I checked 4x4 labs website but didnt see it i wonder if its a custom build type thing. also what type of grate is that the sites behind your second row, i need something like that for the beasts when we have people using the second row.

Give them a call and send them an email. Luke is a busy guy. He does great work.

Yeah. They aren't on the site, but he sells them. He will send you a kit or fully assembled and ready to bolt in. Just call or email him. If you are ready to buy I would suggest calling for best chance to catch him.

here is the finished painted and carpeted box, I left the carpet 2 ft long in the front to protect the middle row seat backs from the dog when they are folded down.
i just need to put some anchor points on and secure it to the cruiser. i plan on doing som straps to the 3rd row seatbelt anchor points to secure it in the rig. i will add the photos when done.

well it wont let me post more photos now so here is my dropbox link to the folder

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2tbs6ksfkx3xev/C-D6LH2gOP

So I had some free time this weekend and decided to tackle my drawrs. I built it out of 5/8 Ply using PL and 1" brad nails.

:cheers:

Well done! And welcome to MUD! Just need a few more posts to get your picture image increased.

I really considered the top side access to the drawers when I did mine, but I don't have your skills with wood and decided that I would have better results if I kept it simple.

Here's my Outback drawer setup I got for a good price second hand - they are the old style (was in a 100 series so the sides are not exact but OK)

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Here's my Outback drawer setup I got for a good price second hand - they are the old style (was in a 100 series so the sides are not exact but OK)

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

good to know 100 series drawers will fit in 80 series! will the second row of seats still close with the drawers in?

edit: scratch that last question because i see the second row up, i need to not ask things at 6am...

great idea the top access, why don't you hinge them from the centre so you can reach in thru the side windows?

didn't even cross my mind. good idea for the next time. my hinges are under the carpet now so no changing them without peeling it up. i figure i could get to it from the middle row if i really need in there.

great idea the top access, why don't you hinge them from the centre so you can reach in thru the side windows?
didn't even cross my mind. good idea for the next time. my hinges are under the carpet now so no changing them without peeling it up. i figure i could get to it from the middle row if i really need in there.

It is a long reach to get to the center of your boxes through the side windows so it probably wouldn't be of much use anyway. For me it is enough of a reach to get in the side boxes from the windows.

Another question, which might be answered in your other pictures that I can't access from work, is how you secure the top access hatches? Seems like you would want something to keep those closed if something were to happen. Even a strap run across them might be enough it you have the tie downs for it and still easy to open.

Or even worse, not being able to.....

+1. Happened to a buddy of mine. He needed some recovery gear that was in the drawer, but was in a position that he couldn't open the rear hatch. Highly recommend top access or keep critical recovery gear in another easily accessible location.

Steel drawers!! Clean and strong!!!

SNORKALUFAGUS is about to hook me up with some awesome drawers. being 6' and about 290lbs I needed something very sturdy to be able to sleep on. He has made them for a couple of people on here already as well. Hit him up if you want.

20130502_100605.jpg

20130418_110229.jpg

20130313_2052181.jpg

20130407_173849.jpg

+1. Happened to a buddy of mine. He needed some recovery gear that was in the drawer, but was in a position that he couldn't open the rear hatch. Highly recommend top access or keep critical recovery gear in another easily accessible location.

I suppose you could crawl in from the front if you had to. I'd like to make some that leaves the engle fridge at floor level so I can access it from the side window, with storage/sleeping platform covering the remaining 2/3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom