Stolen! FJ60 - San Francisco - 11/2 - Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like we've got eight so far (9 if Altan is in) so that sounds like a crew to me! If we wanted to try expanding the group, we could follow Darian's suggestion and post a separate string, but I'm cool rolling as is. Thoughts?

Cabrito...remember...your beers and burger are on me!! :beer:

Lookin' forward to meeting everyone soon and, of course, checkin' out the rigs!!

loeky...btw...I'm with you...I'd dig to check out a fuel pump kill switch set up if anyone has one.

All...any thoughts on the gearshift lock that dmede808 posted the other day (http://simjack.com:8185/GearShiftLock/GearShiftLock.htm) vs. the clutch pedal lock from unbreakable.com (http://www.unbreakable.com/Unbreakable_Auto_BL.htm)?

Dmede808, if you're still on this string, I'd love to hear why you opted for the gearshift lock vs. the clutch pedal. A buddy had the gearshift lock on his Cruiser in South Africa and it was pretty bomber, but the clutch pedal lock seems like it would be even more secure.

Good to hear you got your rig back in one piece and basically undamaged. I would crap if my old FJ60 was stolen. I use a brake lock always.

Too many little thieves/punks in SF.

Cabrito,

Great job man!
I saw your rig a few weeks ago at Mudrak's. That 60 is looking nice!
Have fun on the 9th. I'll be out of the town. Otherwise I'd have liked to drop in.

Regards

Alvaro

Cabrito,

Great job man!
I saw your rig a few weeks ago at Mudrak's. That 60 is looking nice!
Have fun on the 9th. I'll be out of the town. Otherwise I'd have liked to drop in.

Regards

Alvaro

Thanks Alvaro! Let me guess, you were with Andrew when you saw my truck at Mudraks? I don't know if you remember that we met at PMC swap meet two years ago. I could not make it to the original oyster cooking in Bodega because I was on call at work.

cheers!

Cabrito,

Yes, I remember you. Cruiserdrew and I were there together at Mudraks. I had given Andy a ride to pickup his 80. (Like I need an excuse to hangout at Gary's). Your rig was there and I really dig it's color.
Maybe next year you can join us on the Oysterfest.

Regards

Alvaro

I have been on other threads so I was surprised to see this many responses. I'm in for 12/9 and looking forward to meeting you guys. I have been contemplating the ARB Bull bar and want to see CK Cruisers. The fuel pump and or kill switch stuff would be good to kick around as well. Cheers everyone! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Hey Cabrito,
I saw your pics on your website and just got this one from my dad and though you'd like it. This was taken about 3 weeks ago when he was on his way down here with the truck from Seattle. 557084445503_0_SM.jpg

926494445503_0_SM.jpg

--Andrew
557084445503_0_SM.jpg
926494445503_0_SM.jpg

Looks like we've got 10 for burgers and beers at Reds! Lookin' forward to it!!

Happy Thanksgiving, all, and see you soon!

happy thanks giving to all

ck,that is great news.i hope a lot more would join us come dec. 9th.since were still in tech forum how bout some pics of that wiring damage before and after repairs.maybe there is some way we could isolate that wiring harness so it won't be easy for any body to just rip it out and cut wires.just a suggestion.happy and safe thanksgiving to all of you.see you at red's. john:cheers:

r we done yet?

just trying to keep this tread alive,ck have you fix your rig?any pics of the repair? john:D

If they jumped the wires, I can see how they could start the car but what about the steering wheel lock? They must have had a key, pick key or damaged/forced the ignition housing. It will be nice to see y'all on 12/9.

Mark

This is no secret. The total number of keysets for the FJ60/62 in the US is like 12.
Try your 60 key in enough 60s and you'll open one.

Alvaro

It's probably a Toyota thing - My 85 SR5 X-Tra cab 4x4 was stolen with a key - I have also heard stories about Honda having a similar problem. A friend of mine got in the wrong car at the BART parking lot and started to drive home until she realized she was in the wrong car and went back to get her own....:doh:

mrlocksmith

hey mark since were talking about keys and this is your line of work.(your a real locksmith rt.?)what are the chances of installing new updated cylinders and changing the tumbler configuration,i have done this to my mom's dodge minivan were i change the factory code to a different one since she lost her keys and not sure if somebody might drive away with it.:D john

I'll have to look at the code series to see how may combinations are acuttaly out there. The work is not in the re-key but in pulling the door panels out in order to access the cylinders. I work on safe's mostly so auto work is not part of my daily routine.

I might be doing mine soon if Alvaro is right.

Mark

I have always been told that just about all toyotas will open with a key that has been worn down a bit...
quite often you will see toyota keys that seem like they're totally worn out, kind of smooth... well, supposedly they will open almost anything.

when i bought my 60 the PO was showing me how you can use almost anything to open the doors...

I live in Oakland, and I'm rather surprised at the number of locals on this list. If I get my heap running I might try and make it to Red's.

Mike

glad for the happy ending ckcruiser! count me in on the 9th; didn't know that there are that many cruisers in the sf bay area on ih8mud! be nice to meet everyone and to check out all the cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom