Stock head rest alternative (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AlaskanWheeler

SILVER Star
Threads
At this time, I'm not really interested in going to an after-market seat. But, I'm having a hellava time trying to find a pair of head rests for my seats. Apparently there an odd duck, in that the posts are wider then what's usually on the market @ 4.75" on post width.

So has anyone sourced an alternative?

Thanks for looking...

At this time, I'm not really interested in going to an after-market seat. But, I'm having a hellava time trying to find a pair of head rests for my seats. Apparently there an odd duck, in that the posts are wider then what's usually on the market @ 4.75" on post width.

So has anyone sourced an alternative?

Thanks for looking...
I’m hoping someone has some good info. I’m biggest concern of getting hit from behind. Head rests are too far back. Hoping there is an alternative.

Odd post spacing and large diameter rods mean this won't be easy. I have never hear of an alternative (in 20 years of paying attention), but I'd troll a pick-and-pull with a tape measure or dial caliper, and look at Mazdas, Isuzus, and other Japanese stuff.

0D1BBDAA-8C94-4612-AA2D-AFB3B21A64FF.jpeg
821BFF24-6636-4CB3-9878-881BBE06BB1D.jpeg
I bought these off eBay -lister claimed they fit a 79-83 Toyota pickup - fortunately they had pictures and measurements - these measured 4.75” and fit perfectly - originally maroon, I painted them with vinyl paint -my camera and light highlights the color difference - in person you can’t hardly tell.

02FA8B0B-46C4-4A25-AEFE-20B1D0648AA9.jpeg

75-78 40 or 55 series? yes those are different than the 79+ headrest.

post in the classifieds and specify the year range.

76 for me - yes those years are the oddballs from what I’ve seen.

I've got a set off my 77 waiting for a home and someone to love them again .

I've got a set off my 77 waiting for a home and someone to love them again .

Are the posts the correct width @ 4.75"? If so I'd be interested; PM sent

Dual master cylinder and headrests are the two things we're doing for safety's sake on our '67 rebuild... I refused to put newer seats in, so my wife and I pulled the tops off a pair of Nissan Pathfinder seats and welded them into our original seats, and decided not to try and match color- our nod to wabi-sabi philosophy. After my friend, the PO, had a couple of rear enders, this makes my neck feel safer.

SeatsAssemble05.JPG
SeatsAssemble06.JPG
SeatsAssemble16.JPG

One of the cruiser suppliers making an a new rear seat had new headrests that fit the same stock seats. I’ve sold 3 or 4 sets over the years... the last set I had, the mudder who was going to but them first decided not to buy them but instead buy the aftermarket ones that are black. I didn’t care because there was some one else waiting for the deal to fall through. They’ve been easy to find here in Canada because I believe all our cruisers came with them... where yours did not.

I’ll see if google can help me find out which supplier it was.

A57AFA3F-D93F-4089-BEC7-BB829A7981D5.jpeg
I have an ‘82 spacing is 6”. Ended up installing grey leather rests from 1996-2002 4Runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom